Archives for October 2015
This disturbing list is forever incomplete and will never be final. The home workout drama for us mamas goes on and on and on….
- You pause your workout to put a load of clothes into the dryer. Why? Because ((insert person’s name here)) has no clean underwear and neither do you.
- You are accustomed to using human weights (aka, your kids) to do squats.
- You almost miss your workout because you’re too busy cleaning up last night’s mess. Mess = scattered books, crayons, clothes, shoes, unfinished art projects, homework, food-encrusted computer keyboard, etc.
- You do miss you workout because you’re child begged for morning snuggle time. It’s okay that you caved in, but now your kid won’t release their death grip.
- Your left dumbbell is missing (yes, the left one) and was last seen in the toy box…but it’s not in there anymore…of course not.
- You can barely get in a push-up without someone climbing on your back. You can barely get in a squat without someone perching under your legs like you’re a human fort.
- You can’t focus on your workout because your child decided to sit on the couch and watch you while giving a play-by-play soliloquy of yesterday’s Spongebob episode.
- You suck at your workout because your child is watching you again, and has determined that “you don’t work hard enough”. They can do much better.
- Your significant other slaps your booty during your workout. This makes you feel sexy. You’re about to smile, but then he proceeds to describe in horrific detail the fitness-stench emanating from your body. The kids agree with him. You stink.
A Yum Yucky short story. Read It Now
First thing’s first: If you think you have a Urinary Tract Infection but have never been diagnosed in the past, you need to be seen by a doctor. However, if you’ve experienced a UTI before and know for sure that’s what you’re dealing with, then Oregano Oil might be natural, quick, uber-effective UTI home remedy that makes you happy.
MY UTI SITUATION
It had been years since I had a UTI, but when I recently felt that familiar, painful twinge, I knew right away what I was dealing with. Quick action is important to avoid blood-tinged pee, constant trips to the bathroom, and to escape the looming threat of even more pain. I was fully prepared to call the doctor and deal with the antibiotics, but my affinity for natural remedies urged me to reach for my Oil of Oregano instead.
QUICK INFO ON OREGANO OIL
Oregano Oil is highly regarded as the most powerful natural antibiotic in the world, and has been well researched for its health benefits. My full write up on Oregano Oil Facts, Benefits and Risks will bring you up to speed on why you should keep Oregano Oil on hand in your home (I also keep some at work), including which brand is the best, why it’s the best and how to administer it safely. I stress to you that there are safety measures you must take due to Oregano Oil’s heat factor, so please read the full write up before purchasing or consuming the product.
Excerpts from research on oregano oil benefits from around the web:
“…the oil was tested against aggressive germs, including the cold, flu and even bird flu viruses. In all cases the wild oregano oil destroyed the viruses. In tissue culture the wild oregano oil virtually completely destroyed the human coronavirus, a 99.9% kill, in a mere 20 minutes. The coronavirus is the microbe responsible for nearly 50% of the infections diagnosed as the common cold or pneumonia and is solely responsible for SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome). The destruction of the influenza A and bird flu viruses was nearly as complete, a 99% kill. This is an impressive result, which has never been achieved by any drug…” via HyssopHealth.com
“In Mexico, researchers have compared oregano to tinidazol, a commonly used prescription drug to treat infection from the amoeba Giardia lamblia. These researchers found oregano to be more effective against Giardia than the commonly used prescription drug.” via World’s Healthiest Foods
HOW I TREATED MY UTI NATURALLY WITH OIL OF OREGANO
- Fill an empty veggie capsule with oregano oil and take one, 2-3 times per day for 3 days.
- Important: you must eat something AFTER you take the capsule, as the capsule will have bouyancy and “seem” to be in your chest unless you chase it down with some food.
- After you feel yourself getting better, continue to take 1-2 capsules at for least 2 days longer. This is similar to when you are instructed by your doctor to finish all of your antibiotic even after you feel better.
- Note: Fill each capsule right before you take it. Do not pre-fill to take hours later, as the integrity of the veggie capsule will slowly degrade throughout the day due to Oregano Oil’s heat.
I experienced fast relief from my UTI with this method. Within an hour! If you don’t get relief within 24 hours, consider calling your doctor. This information is not meant to replace your doctor’s advice. Please use your best judgment and be sensible.
Oregano Oil is safe to take even when you are not sick. It will help maintain your health. Do NOT administer Oregano Oil to young children due its potent heat factor. Your homework right now is to read Oregano Oil Facts, Benefits and Risks to further educate yourself on the awesome power of Oregano Oil. Here’s to your health!
- Colloidal Silver Facts, Benefits and Risks
- Proven Methods to Avoid Stomach Flu
- Directory of Natural Remedies
Why a pumpkin helmet, you ask? Watch the video to learn out about this critical piece of info. Because it’s stuff you need to know.
This is the coolest thing everrrr. Would you like to be Gracie’s pasta pal? Her cheer team is having a fundraiser. These cool pastas come in holiday, sports, collegiate, animal shapes, and other cool themes that are fun to eat or gift to someone greedy. I personally like my pasta with lots of buttahs & salt. Shhh….don’t tell anybody I said that!
COOL PASTA THEMES
- Halloween pasta
- Gobble Gobble Thanksgiving pasta
- Sports pasta
- Snowman pasta
- Christmas Tree pasta
- Star of David pasta
- Reindeer pasta
- Collegiate team pasta
- Cat lover’s pasta
- Dog lover’s pasta
- …and more more cool themes. There’s way too many to list!
HOW TO ORDER ONLINE TO BE GRACIE’S PASTA PAL
2. Click the blue shop now button and pick your favorite pasta themes or search by pasta name.
3. Important: During checkout, you will be asked, “who will this purchase be supporting?” Click the drop down box and select “Grace Maurer” as your Pasta Pal.
I ordered the Snowman, Reindeer and Christmas tree pastas for the greedy YumYucky household. Orders ship within 3-5 business days. If you’re interested, happy pasta ordering! And thank you SO MUCH for supporting Grace’s team!
Well, yes. I am being a drama queen. But please allow me this precious moment to complain with petty arguments that you may just agree with.
I am part of B&N’s discount club. You pay $25 a year to get discounts off most of your purchases. We love it. It’s extremely worthwhile.
They also send your kid a free birthday “gift” each year: a coupon for a cookie or cupcake at their cafe’. But why not send my kid a coupon for $2 or $3 off of a children’s book instead? Why not encourage my kid to read books since their business is all about books? C’mon now!
I’m just busting Barnes & Noble’s bookish ballz, of course. My family really does love the store. And ya, we will use the coupon…maybe…eh, probably not.
I’d rather have the bookstore encourage my kids’ reading with book rewards instead of free desserts. Your thoughts?
LET’S BE FRIENDS!