1. Never rely on another person for your own happiness. Never ever do that.
2. You can’t control other people but you can control your response to them.
3. It’s better to bridle the tongue than to speak recklessly on high emotions.
4. It’s more difficult to forgive yourself than it is to forgive another. But you can’t move forward and fully heal without self-forgiveness.
5. Love yourself. Think highly of who you are. Know that you have a combination of talents, skills and abilities unique to who you are.
6. Don’t make excuses, with so-called justifiable reasons, for staying in a bad situation.
7. Trust your intuition. Don’t talk yourself out of what your intuition is trying to tell you. Go with your gut.
8. People learn how to treat you based on the level of bullshit you accept from them. Don’t deal with anyone’s bullshit. This does not mean you have to react to it in an unbecoming way — that will only make the problem worse. But yeah, don’t deal with anyone’s bullshit.