Talk about a lovely creation to send down to the innermost depths of the stomach. It is the pork loin sandwich. You must do this.
You can serve this to a house full of hungry peoples, or cook it early in the week as part of your bulk food prep for several days of noshing.
GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS
prep time: 10-15 minutes; cooking time: 15-20 minutes
serves 7-10 greedy people
- 1 pork loin
- 1 large white onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 large tomato
- 2 large, colorful peppers
- Salt, pepper and garlic to taste
- Olive oil
- Kaiser rolls
- Smatherings of mayo (optional)
- Prepare peppers and onions by cutting into slices (do not dice)
- Slice tomatoes and set aside.
- In a large pan, add a bit of olive oil and begin to stir fry the peppers, onions and mushrooms. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- While veggies are cooking, prepare pork loin by cutting into thin slices.
- If your pan is big enough, once veggies are partially cooked, add pork loin slices to the pan and continue cooking. If your pan is not big enough to add the loin, add a bit of olive oil to another pan and cook loin slices separately. The loin will create a juicy liquid in the pan – do not get rid of the juices as it helps to keep the loin slices nice and tender.
- Once all is cooked thoroughly, prepare your kaiser bread by smathering on a light layer of mayo and adding tomato slices, then fill your roll with the loin and veggie mixture.
- Now CHEW.
If a piece of kaiser bread isn’t quite right for your tummy, this beautiful ‘n tasty creation also goes well over a brown rice. Optionally, this meal is equally splendid if you go Paleo and eat it without bread or rice.
Hugs and love to my Greedy Kid #1 for making this meal while visiting us with her own shiny new family. Happy noshing!