Since I couldn’t do the live stomach webcam for you see what I eat, ’tis better instead that I give you the detailed low-down on my typical weekly food choices with Intermittent Fasting.
Be sure to check the link at the bottom of this post to grab my free Intermittent Fasting eBook!
MORNING: My mornings are set in stone. Since it’s the tail end of my fast, I focus on hydration to curb hunger and stay the course of fasting:
- BCAAs during morning workout on heavy strength training days.
- 32 ounces water with 4 tsp apple cider vinegar.
- Hot tea
AFTERNOON OPTIONS: Here are some food options I stick with for lunch during the week. I typically prepare in bulk for packing to work. If my meal includes eggs I make it in the microwave at work. Since lunch is my first meal of the day, this is not the time to indulge on delicious crappy food. My focus is on lean, healthy carbs and vegetables.
- Chicken Caesar salad (no cheese or croutons) with slice of butter Ezekiel toast.
- Cajun-baked Tilapia with sweet baked potato
- Veggie stir fry with brown rice and 2 scrambled eggs
- Baked chicken with black beans with brown rice
- Homemade chicken & veggie soup
- Stir fry peppers & onions with 2 scrambled eggs and 1 slice of buttered Ezekiel toast
LATE AFTERNOON SNACK / PRE-DINNER OPTIONS: The protein and healthy carbs do well to keep me full after lunch. By late afternoon I’m not ravenously hungry — I just feel like noshing on something tasty, yet sensible:
- Luna bar
- 1 waffle smathered in raw honey with bee pollen
- Small square of chocolate
- Plantain chips
DINNER: I tend to eat whatever the family eats for dinner. I try to keep it as healthy as possible, but I’m not always the one cooking dinner. Here’s a peek at some of my weekday dinner options:
- Homemade hamburger with fried onions (no cheese), sweet potato fries
- Chili with cornbread
- Hot dog with raw onions & black beans.
- Homemade waffles
- Grilled cheese sammich and tomato soup
- Meatball sammich
EVENING SNACK: Since I stop eating (start fasting) around 8 or 9pm, I’m usually not too hungry before my fasting starts. I tend to go with choices such as these in the evening:
- Nature’s Path Pumpkin Raisin Flax cereal with skim milk.
- Plantain chips.
- …or no snack at all.
WEEKEND RESTAURANT EATING: Depending on what time of day we might go to a restaurant, my food choice might be:
- Pancakes with bacon or French toast with sausage
- Mall Food Court: Curry chicken with mixed vegetables (Thai food)
- Americana dining: Chicken wing appetizer, Caesar salad with salmon, hot buttery rolls
- Steak House: Prime rib with baked sweet potato and side salad
- Movies: Medium popcorn with no butter, no candy
- Fondue restaurant: Veggies with small cuts of chicken & beef, and LOTS bread & cheeses!
- Indian restaurant: Tikka Masala or Tandoori, naan bread
- Pizza eating is very seldom.
WEEKEND INDULGE: I keep my list of indulgences short because I know from trial & error what my greediness threshold is; which foods are better for me to indulge in to keep my waistline intact.
- 2 slices of pumpkin, apple or sweet potato pie
- Hot buttery rolls
- Homemade Rice Krispy treats
- 2-3 chocolate chip cookies
If you’re curious about the benefits of Intermittent Fasting, be sure to check out my FREE 37-page eBook: Yum Yucky’s Guide to Intermittent Fasting.