Took less than 10 minutes to make me some zucchini fritters. So dang easy, even a lazy person will beg to do it.
The golden brown color is mesmerizing. Crispy on the outside. Deliciously tender on the inside. I can attest to the tastiness since the kids demanded more. We’re talking about a zucchini dish — a green vegetable unpopular with under-aged humans. But those gremlins still wanted MORE.
GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS
makes approximately 8 fritters
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- sprinklings of garlic, onion, salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp (approx.) coconut oil or olive oil
- Cut off both ends of fresh zucchini and shred with a grater.
- Place entire heap of zucchini into two layers of paper towel and squeeze to strain the liquid.
- Now transfer to fresh paper towel and strain again to remove any remaining excess liquid.
- Place zucchini in medium bowl. Add panko breadcrumbs, beaten egg and seasonings, then mix well.
- Add oil to frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Form portions of zucchini mixture into 3-inch patties or to desired size.
- Fry on each size for approximately 90 seconds or until golden brown.
- Tip: be sure to watch patties carefully to avoid burning. Adjust frying temperature as necessary.
Feel free to conduct your own tasty experiments, adding more zucchini or a little less panko to suit your liking. So long as the mixture can form a patty that holds together decently, it should work out nicely for you.
You ‘best be ready to make some fritters, because I ain’t sharing mine.