Why should breast implants, hair weaves and Monopoly money have all the fun? In world of imitators, this is a damn good bowl of Fake-tatoes. You’re gonna go wild for the stuff. I promise.
serves 3-4 hungry stomachs
- 1 large head cauliflower
- coconut oil (amount will vary)
- white cooking wine
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- Cut cauliflower into large florets and boil all until tender.
- Transfer strained florets to large bowl for mashing.
- Substitute coconut oil for the same amount of butter you would normally use in a regular mashed potato recipe.
- Generously sprinkle in onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and sea salt.
- Splash in a tiny amount of white wine (about 1 tablespoon) and continue mashing.
- Any watery-ness at the bottom of the bowl? Carefully tilt bowl to drain additional liquid.
- Allow mashed florets to cool down to warm (approximately 10 minutes).
- Transfer mashed concoction to blender in 2 separate batches.
- Puree each batch until smooth and silky in appearance, then transfer to serving bowl.
- If you haven’t been greedy and ate most of the Fake-tatoes during the preparation process, you are now ready to enjoy this bowl of tastiness. ((burp))
You might say it’s a plate of cauliflower mashed potatoes, but I simply call it a bowl of low carb Wonderful. It’s great for dinner or packing in a container as part of your lunchtime feeding — real tasty ‘n stuff. Even though these “potatoes” are technically a fake imposter, I know that YOU, my friend, are seriously legit… too legit to quit.