Just call me the Dr. Frankenstein of planking. I’m gonna make yo’ plank come ALIVE!
If you’re ready for it (and I know you are), grab a heavy weight and jump into the video. Let’s do The Living Plank together…
If you prefer to watch the video in Youtube, just click here.
INSTRUCTIONS, PROPER FORM & MODIFICATIONS
- You’ll need a heavy weight for this workout.
- In plank position (arms straight, not on elbows), with weight about 6-10 inches in front of you, grab the weight with your right hand, lift 2-3 inches off floor and move the weight to place under your hips.
- With left hand, grab weight from under hips and place back in starting position. Do not drag the weight along the floor. Be sure to lift it up to work your arms.
- Continue with the move with a slight side-to-side dip in your hips (as demonstrated in the video) to further activate your obliques.
- To modify, choose a light to medium weight.
- Continue with as many reps as possible with good form.