Nailed it on the first try. Savory. Tender. Foodgasmic.
Slower Cooker Chicken Meatballz!
…but before I get to the meatball chix, I feel compelled to make a public apology to a certain woman at the movie theater: the random woman I fell on top of last week. It’s a bitch getting to your seat in pitch dark. I really should’ve gone pee BEFORE Man of Steel started. On the way back to my seat, I stepped on the woman’s foot (yep, she screamed real loud), then I lost my balance and completely fell on top of her. After that, the chick asks me if I wanna sit on her lap for the rest of the movie. It was weird and uncomfortable. The hubs was embarrassed. He didn’t wanna sit next to me after that. O_O
INGREDIENTS (makes approximately 14 large meatballs)
- 1.5 lbs ground chicken
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (approximate)
- 1 beaten egg
- 16 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
1. Mash everything in a bowl together and form into meatballs. All of seasonings used were NOT measured. I just eyeballed it and also allowed the seasoned aroma to enter into my nostrils to determine if I had used enough. As for breadcrumbs, add it slowly. Continue adding up to 1-cup of breadcrumbs until meatballs form well and hold together nicely. Add more crumbs if necessary. It’s recommended that you use Italian seasoned breadcrumbs instead of plain.
2. Add entire jar of spaghetti sauce to the slow cooker, then gently place the meatballs inside.
3. Cook on HIGH for approximately 2 to 2.5 hours or until done. The meatballs should be tender & juicy, not dry and crusty, so pay attention to your cook times. The experience should be foodgasmic, so make sure you don’t screw it up.
I made these meatballs to pack as an extra protein source on my strength training days. For example, I popped one meatball into my hungry jaw bone post-workout. And on another day, I ate a meatball as a mid-afternoon snack. Ya feelin me? Or just make it a family meal. It’s all up to you! These meatballs are real versatile ‘n stuff.
Any way ya slice it, Slower Cooker Chicken Meatballs are a great, lean protein source for muscle building. Happy strength training. And happy feasting!