Holla-holla for coconut curried chicken! This is clean eating ya’ll. After my 3rd curried-dish attempt using 3 different types of curry, this Greedy Recipe ranks up there with “Hot-dang! Gimme s’more of dat!”
Don’t you wanna hot-dang with me?
Coconut curried chicken is flat abs friendly. It’s also quick & easy, especially for packing lunch. I prep this meal around 6am before my morning workout. It’s time to eat clean and prosper…
COCONUT CURRIED CHICKEN INGREDIENTS (serves 1)
- 4-5 ounces chicken breast. sliced or cubed. the thinner the pieces of chicken, the better.
- 2 cups raw, fresh cabbage. sliced/chopped
- 2 garlic cloves. smashed, then chopped
- 1 handful of fresh kale, chopped
- 1 small onion or 1/2 medium onion
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 heaping teaspoons curry seasoning (not curry powder)
- Unleash your inner ninja-knife skills by prepping all ingredients with the required slicing & chopping techniques. Be sure to start with the cabbage and garlic first, as letting those ingredients sit for a few minutes after chopping adds to their health benefits.
- Add the chicken and all chopped veggies to the pan.
- Add coconut milk and then slap in the curry seasoning.
- Stir fry on medium heat until chicken is thoroughly cooked and cabbage has softened.
- The coconut milk helps to keep the dish moist. It’s also a substitute for oil.
- Choose a paste-ish type of curry and that’s mixed with extra spices (see the ingredients for Spur Tree Curry Seasoning). Do not use plain, dry curry powder for this recipe.
- All ingredients are loosey-goosey. No need to be all scientific and technical about it. Add a little more or a little less of each ingredient depending on your taste.
- If you’re feeling kinda greedy, go on and add cooked rice to the final dish to make it heartier.
Now go. Enjoy your meal and be curry-fied.