Yep. I cheated a little and used a tasty Lightlife burger for this recipe. I didn’t want to cook from scratch. What’s it to ya?
Prep time for the entire recipe is less than 3 minutes. It’s so dang simple to make at home or at work, even a lazy person will wanna do it.
GATHER ALL OF YOUR INGREDIENTS
- 1 Lightlife Portobello Mushroom burger patty
- 2 tsp. Athenos Feta cheese
- small handful of fresh, baby spinach leaves
- the bun of your choice
1. Flickity-flick a teensie splash of water onto your Lightlife burger, then microwave for 90 seconds. Optionally, you can pan fry in olive oil or grill.
2. Place burger on an open bun and top with Feta cheese.
3. Microwave spinach for 30 seconds (or until wilted) and add to the burger. Salt spinach very lightly if desired.
4. Now gnaw on it, doggone-it.
The flavor on this thing is incredible. The harmonious combination of ingredients could make the stomachs of the moodiest person on the planet turn happy with a smiley face on.
The Lightlife Portobello burger is a vegetarian product that flaunts 20g of protein and 190 calories per patty (and the patties are nice and BIG!). Some of the other primary ingredients include water, rolled oats, egg whites, and Portobello mushrooms. Go here for the entire list of ingredients.
Of all the packaged vegetarian products I’ve tried that contain soy, this is one of the few that has NOT caused me to have gaseous moments so offensive, I could clear out a football stadium. Although the burger may feel spongy after you cook it, it actually has a nice, dense texture that does well at delivering a burger-ish experience. Well played, Lightlife. Well played.
“It’s real tasty ‘n stuff,” said all the greedy peoples.
I found my Lightlife in the frozen health food section of the store. Go seek it out next time you’re shopping, or check the Lightlife store locator to pinpoint exactly where you can find them.
Now go… go forth and make this recipe. BOOOOOM!