Turkey burgers aren’t exactly revolutionary. Mine may not look real fancy, but when this burger connects with your chewing-jaws, you’ll be like “knick-knack, paddy-whack, gimme more of dat!”
If you want a turkey burger that’s full of flavor and a tender, juicy sensation, then mix these ingredients into your ground turkey and cook it up like so…
TENDER, JUICY TURKEY BURGERS
Serves up to 7 greedy peoples
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced onion flakes
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sprinklings of garlic powder, seasoned salt, black pepper, and salt (don’t be heavy-handed)
- Add all ingredients to bowl (except for olive oil) and mix thoroughly. Be sure to crumble parsley flakes with your hands as you add it to the bowl.
- Heat pan to medium-high and add olive oil.
- While the oil heats, form burger into patties.
- Add patties to the pan with a few light splashes of water, then partially cover with lid to encourage steaminess.
- As water evaporates in the pan, add additional splashes to keep patties from sticking AND to encourage more steam. Keep pan partially covered. The steaming action and partially covered pan is the key to tender juiciness.
- Cook approximately 15 minutes total, flipping once during cooking. Patties are done when juices run clear.
This is a healthy meal that even your family will wanna sink their teefs into. It’s quick to make and pretty inexpensive. My side dish in the background is baked eggplant fries (Food Trap Alert coming soon for the tasty deets on those fries).
Now, GO! Eat. And be healthy.