My food trap has been to the heavens and returned back savoring the flavors. Ohhh, my dear Amy’s Organic Vegan Chocolate Cake. How do I salivate over thee? Let me count the ways….
- You’re vegan, which I don’t require. But when a vegan food tastes just like “normal” food, I can appreciate that.
- I’m mesmerized that a cake that has no milk or eggs in it (no dairy at all) can taste even better than other cakes I’ve gnawed on.
- Your other ingredients are so simplistic, yet your taste triumphs over other cakes who think they’re all that and a bag-o chocolate chips.
- You have no GMO’s, no preservatives and you’re even gluten free for the peoples who need it. Nuff’ said there.
If you did a blindfolded taste test, there’s probably no real way you’d link Amy’s to a cake outta the box from the freezer section. No freaking way. I swear it tastes better than chocolate cakes I’ve paid absurd money for at the bakery. Just thaw it out and serve.
It’s the moistness that gets ya. And the authentic, high-end organic cocoa ingredient. I’m shaking my head from being mesmerized. Surely Amy’s is da bomb. You could cut this cake into mini squares, stick some toothpicks in it, and serve it at a fancy party. Or you could skip paying bakery money for a small birthday cake celebration – just stick some candles in the Amy’s Cake instead. But don’t forget the ultimate… put a slice of Amy’s on a plate and go couch-azz as you savor the flavor.
And get this: It’s only 170 calories and 16 grams of sugar for one slice. How’d the hell they do that? If you don’t go buy yourself some Amy’s Chocolate Cake, you are totally missing out.
Now excuse me, I’m about to re-enter the third realm of heaven. Time for another slice of Amy’s. For further research testing, of course.
CHOCO CAKE NOTES
- Price Paid: $4.99 for cake that serves 6 hearty slices
- Calories: 170 for 1/6 slice
- Fat Calories: 50
- Total Fat: 5g
- Sat. Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 210mg
- Carbs: 27g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugars 16g
- Protein: 2g
REACTIONS FROM THE TASTE TEST CREW
Health-hater Husband: Good, but a slight after taste.
Greedy Kid #1: Oh my gosh. How do they get it to be so moist?
Greedy Kid #2: Tastes like there’s real cocoa in it.
Greedy Kid #3: You know I don’t like chocolate. I don’t want it.
Greedy Baby: (there was no comment, just a lot of chewing)
Yum UP! to: The Amy’s line of food products. I continue to be impressed.
Yuck Down: Only getting one birthday cake per year. No fair.