If you’re a multi-tasker whose pulled in 5,000 different directions per millisecond, chances are your window of workout time is threatened by the demands of work, needy childrens (the nerve of them), quality couch-azzing, house chores, nap time, or any combination thereof.
I started doing Bedroom Boot Camp to not only hide from my child-spawns, but to knock out my workout in a flash while doing my bedroom chores at the same time. This is interval-choring, people, and it’s done in boot camp style for an extra azz-kicking.
Do an exercise. Complete one chore. Do another exercise. Complete another chore….yada, yada, yada. You following me, here? In 30-40minutes, you’ll not only have a tidy bedroom (or whatever room you choose), you’ll also have completed one full circuit of 6-10 exercises and be sweaty at the end.
Here is my own Bedroom Boot Camp schedule. Feel free to improvise and create a list of your favorites, but don’t be wimpy in your selections. This is meant to be a workout that gets the heart pumping. You’re either gonna go hard, or go sit back down on the couch so you can whine about why the fatty parts aren’t melting faster.
1) 10 Plank Walks into Push up: In standing position, bend down as if to touch your toes. Keep legs straight, then begin to walk your hands out in front of you until you are in straight-arm plank position. Do one full push-up, then walk hands back in to return to standing position. Repeat 10 times.
- Then make the bed.
2) 50 Squats into Alternating Front Kicks: Squat with good form. You can also opt to include hand weights held in front of shoulders to alternate front punches with each leg kick.
- Then pick up rogue toys off the floor.
3) 10 Overhead Tricep Extensions: Use challenging weight (but only with good form) and continue until exhaustion.
- Then start folding clothes.
4) Forearm Plank Hold: Length of time with depend on your ability. Attempt to hold for 1-2 minutes.
- Then fold more clothes and/or put clothes on hangers.
5) 20 Alternating Triceps Kickbacks: Use challenge weight (but only with good form) and continue until exhaustion.
- Put clothes away.
6) Squat Thrusts: Do as many as you can, and then push yourself to do 3 more.
- If you have dishes in your room (cereal bowl, cup, etc.), take it to the kitchen.
7) 20 Alternating Oblique Side Planks: Move from straight arm plank, to left side plank, back to straight arm plank, into right side plank. Do as many as you can until you start screaming.
- Then go get the vacuum.
8 ) Mountain Climbers: Two sets of 20 seconds each. Do more more or less depending on fitness ability, but be sure to push it.
- If there’s any crap still on the floor, go put it in its place.
9) One-legged Bicep Curl: With left leg in beginner tree pose, bicep curl right arm to exhaustion while stabilizing your core to stay balanced. Then switch leg/arm to to repeat. Once finished, move on to repeat 2nd set immediately (although you may perform less number of reps or at a lighter weight)
- Time to vacuum! (but I guess you already knew that)
10) Now go stretch and drink some water: That’s self-explanatory, but shoot for 5-10 minutes of stretching. Not a lame 30-seconds.
- Ewww. I can smell your funky-fitness armpits from here. Now go take a shower.
Welp, your workout is done AND your bedroom is clean! There’s no excuses, my friends. Where there’s a will, there’s a way. You will find the time if you really wanna blast the fat off.