Yeah, baby! As 2010 comes to a close, I can confidently declare that there are some bastard foods that no longer grip me. I said goodbye to gnawing on pizza, Chinese food and bagels in ridiculous excess, and embraced moderation with smaller portions and limited frequency of chewing on those evil-lovely foods.
Why? Because of I got sick and tired of all the overeating and how it made me feel. It just wasn’t worth it anymore, yet taking control wasn’t exactly that easy. It was a damn near year-long battle as I went back and forth between happy eating victories and all-out foodie fails that came complete with full blown food comas.
But here’s the thing: I never stopped trying to get it right…and neither should you.
And here’s another thing: You have to WANT to get it right. You have want it really BAD.
Did you have a wishy-washy 2010 filled with so-so goals and a half-azzed healthy mindset? If so, your going to find yourself in pretty much the same situation you’re in right now when the end of 2011 rolls around. Sorry for the tough love, but it is what it is.
BUT YOU CAN DO IT THIS TIME! You’re just gonna have to dig deeper.
Forget about resolutions with all that “I resolve to blah, blah, blah…“. This is about a lifestyle change, so give those foods that grip you the boot and condition yourself to enjoying your favorite delicacies SOME of the time instead of ALL of the time. But I know – easier said than done, right? Yet it can be done. People do it all the time. Everyday they’re making Smack Down decisions and reaping the benefits of a leaner body, more energy, clarity of mind, and strength.
So why not you? You deserve it, don’t you?
In a nutshell: What’s all this mumbo-jumbo I’m talking?
- It starts with the decision for real change.
- You might mess up. Heck, you WILL mess up. But keep at it. Do not quit.
- Be consistent. Even amid your “mess ups”, you can still be on that road of consistency.
- Start making choices: Choose to eat right. Choose to get up out of bed and exercise. Choose to limit your portions, etc.
- Get support. Whether family, a friend, an online tool or another blogger. Link up with someone to foster accountablity.
- Push yourself. Yes, dammit. I said PUSH! You’re gonna have to if you really want it. Do it for real this time.
And now in other news……
I’m looking forward to some more smack downs in 2011. Here are some of my favorite of 2010:
My year was filled with pimp slaps, cake-eating stunts and electric shock collars for weight loss. I became a Core Whore and did naked yoga, and I even physically kicked a scale’s azz. Oh, and then there was that whole Unicorn Meat situation.
Whew! We had some good times, didn’t we? I’ll catch you up with you in 2011, yo!
Happy New Year, everybody!