Since the Linguine & Clams dish I concocted caused Greedy Kid #2 to accuse me of poisoning him, I’m sticking to recipes that don’t require a burning flame.
My No-Bake Raw Oat Bars were inspired by Nifty Eats. I love them lots and so does the Greedy Family. Health-hater tried to challenge me with a version of his own, but mine are way better. Just sayin’.
- 1 1/4 c. organic rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1/2 c. maple syrup (no fake sh!t)
- 1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (but I used mini white chocolate morsels)
- 1/4 c. coconut flakes (or more if desired)
- Combine all ingredients into mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Pour into a loaf pan (approx. 8 x 4), and put plastic wrap directly on top of mixture to flatten evenly throughout the pan.
- Be sure plastic wrap remains directly touching the flattened mixture when you place in refrigerator.
- I recommend an overnight refrigerator-chill for best results, but you impatient types can’t wait that long, try a shorter, 2 hour chill or freeze for 30-45 minutes.
- Cut into granola bar-sized strips and start chomping.
- Fall in love with the taste and proclaim, “Hot damn! These things are good!” << You must do this final step for the recipe to come out right.
Raw Oat Bars will be soft & chewy, yet a bit sticky on the fingers. If you take them to work, your co-workers will want to eat them. So this is the part where you sell them for $2 a piece. You will then send me a 90% cut of every sale. No checks, please.
Uh oh. Now I’m posting my own recipes? #weird