So we went to the pancake house and it was Pure Nastiness. Well, ya. It was a few years back, but so what?
I am scarred for life.
Especially since that daggone pancake house is right near the grocery store. Every time I’m running low on raccoon seasoning I am forced to drive by that dang IHOP to get to the supermarket.
And I see other people going into the pancake house. And I wonder…what the hell is their problem?
This Is What Happened….
Me and the husband were stomach-growling simultaneously. We only had two children at the time (woo hoo!) and neither of them was with us, so we decided to head to the IHOP to have breakfast for dinner.
Then everything went wrong, like when I buy all the salad makings for a meal, except I forget to get the lettuce.
There were many signs to turn back, but our overwhelming hungry short-circuited the warning sensors and caused us to go stupid.
- FAIL #1: There was only one other customer in the whole restaurant.
- FAIL #2: There were two large flies buzzing over our head.
- FAIL #3: A semi-toothless man greeted us and explained he was our server AND our cook.
- FAIL #4: We didn’t get up and leave.
- FAIL #5: Cook-server came to our table to shoot the breeze while the food was cooking.
- FAIL #6: The damn flies!
- FAIL #7: We stayed and ate the food.
Surprisingly, the food wasn’t too bad. But the flies and the toothless man were too much to endure. Why the hell did we stay?
I don’t know what we were thinking. I just remember being REALLY hungry and desperate to eat. I drive by that place now and see other people going in. Maybe their warning sensors are broke just like ours were?
This is a Pure Nastiness public service announcement. Do not endure the strange and putrid just to get a meal.
Have YOU ever suffered Pure Nastiness at a restaurant?