I thought I knew it all. I was the official colloidal silver snob of the Interwebs, telling you how I give silver to my kids to annihilate ear infections and eye infections, and to treat other issues without the need for a doctor to get involved. No prescription required, baby.
But, oops. When the people at Sensible Silver sent me their fact sheet on uses for colloidal silver, I got pimped slapped with some extra knowledge never before known to my brain cells.
Sensible Silver sent me samples along with the dosage sheet. I do not have an affiliate relationship with them, nor was I paid for this post. Ya’ll simply know how I feel about the awesomeness of silver. I can’t shut up about it.
This is what I learned from Sensible Silver’s dosage sheet that I didn’t realize I could be doing:
- Use silver for daily dental hygiene. Aka, mouthwash.
- Use it as a natural hand sanitizer
- Use it as a household sanitizer after food prep and add it to your cool mist vaporizer
Click on the image to enlarge the full dosage sheet:
I started implementing these additional uses right away. Silver is a must-have to keep in your home. If you didn’t know that, I encourage you to read my Colloidal Silver Facts, Benefit and Risks post and start keeping a bottle around.
My Most Recent Uses for Silver:
- My mom had a terrible sore throat. I had her gargle with silver. It gave her instant relief that lasted for hours.
- Once again (ugh), Greedy Baby came down with red, watery, crusty eyes due to allergies that (historically) has always turned into an eye infection if I don’t act on it fast. I gave her silver in the eyes twice a day for two days. It knocked the problem right out.
- My 9 year old son broke his tooth on a seed. It caused him to have an abscess. The dentist gave us antibiotics, but I stopped giving him those meds on day two (of a 10-day regimen). I began treating him with silver instead. He swished the silver in his mouth 2X day. It cleared the infection and it has not returned. That baby tooth has since fallen out.
Sensible Silver started out just like me — a normal, everyday person intrigued with the benefits of silver. But they took it even further until a full-blown business was born. They’ve got some great information on their website that separates the real facts from the hype. Check out their Benefits of Colloidal Silver and Common Sense Uses For Silver, and consider snagging their Starter Kit.
Now excuse me. I’ve got a tasty salad to eat, so I gotta run. Shout out in the comments if you’re part of the silver family or think you might wanna be…which you should — you need to be part of the colloidal silver family. Sheesh!
LET’S BE FRIENDS