Nope. You do NOT have to banish grilled cheese from your stomach to lose weight. This healthy grilled cheese has a spin that makes it even tastier than the traditional recipe. And it comes with a secret ingredient that I’m about to reveal!
click on image to enlarge the delicious morsels
GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 2 slices cheese
- 2-3 tomato slices
- 6 baby spinach leaves (approximate)
- salt & pepper
- secret ingredient! 1-2 tsp coconut oil (instead of butter)
- Quickly heat tomato slices & spinach on low heat to slightly warm tomatoes and wilt the spinach. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Construct unheated sammich with bread by placing the tomatoes and spinach between the cheese slices.
- Melt coconut oil in pan until hot, then place constructed sammich into pan. Heat until golden brown.
- Add more coconut oil to pan before cooking other side of sammich.
- The sammich may cook faster with coconut oil compared to using butter. Watch your temperature and cooking time closely!
- Now CHEW
The coconut oil makes this a high level, posh sammich that is way better than using butter, so don’t be afraid to try it. I’ve noshed on many different brands of coconut oil. My taste buds have decided that Nutiva Coconut Oil is the best. But don’t get too caught up in brands. Just start enjoy coconut oil right away!
Just like everything in life, excess is not good for you. Grilled cheese is one of those things I recommend you enjoy no more than 1-2 times per month. Now go whip up some cheesy sammiches — one for you and two for me.
LET’S BE FRIENDS!