This is not diet food (gasp!). This is nowhere near clean eats (appalling!). This is fun food, ya’ll. Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie Treats is tiny indulgence because you’re gonna cut yourself a small square instead of a gigantic one. Right?
GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10.5 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 pinches each of nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon
- Brown butter in large pot until dark golden brown. Watch the pot carefully and be sure not to burn the butter.
- Remove from heat and add entire bag of marshmallows. Quickly stir as it melts.
- Add sea salt and pumpkin puree. Continue stirring.
- Add the Rice Krispies. Keep stirring.
- Add nutmeg, clove and cinnamon spices. Use a little of each at first, then taste. Add more, if necessary, until you achieve desired level of spice-flavors.
- Pour mixture into 8×8 pan or similar size, then press firmly with wax paper.
- Put in fridge for approximately 10 minutes to allow mixture to set.
Important Note: Due to the addition of the pumpkin puree, these treats will be slightly less crisp than traditional Rice Krispie Treats.
Greedy Baby loved these treats and absolutely enjoyed the twist of festive pumpkin spices. Now go make your own. ((burp))