om-Nom-NOM! Food hacks are tasty. Food hacks go down real smoove into the tummy. Chew on these food hacks.
1. This first hack is downright ancient, yet super-effective: Create a meal plan before you shop. Stick to your grocery list of ingredients and don’t go down the snack aisle unless you have pre-planned, sensible greediness to indulge in.
2. Buy a store-roasted whole chicken (already cooked) and portion it out for a few days of eating in salads, sammiches or wraps.
3. Cook a batch of 5-6 boiled eggs all at once. Use them during the week for salads and snack time. Baked sweet potatoes, brown rice and stir fry veggies also do well when cooked in batches for the week. Go on, make your life easier.
4. Portion out healthy snacks (such as cashews or carrots) into baggies for snacking on the go. Dried organic fruit snacks and beef jerky are also dang-tasty on the go!
5. Pre-plan your moments of greediness by appointing them for a certain day. It will give you something tasty to look forward to and help to eradicate impulsive snacking.
6. Discover high protein snacks that your taste buds will love. Protein helps stave off hunger and helps build sexy muscle.
7. Screw the ranch dip. Try hummus or yogurt-based dips instead for eating with raw veggies.
8. Set out a fruit or veggie tray for snacking. Even picky eaters tend to snack on fruits and veggies when it’s already out on the table.
9. Make your own snack bars instead of buying them. You’ll know exactly what ingredients they contain. Try the No-Bake Raw Oat Bar.
10. Make yourself a quick & easy strawberry shortcake that your waistline will love.
11. Make a big batch of homemade soup for slurping. Soups help keep your belly full when they’re chock-full of belly-flattening ingredients like veggies and beans. Try my Easy Butternut Squash Soup or Delicious Dairy-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup.
12. Got the evening munchies? Peel and slice an apple or peach, then bake it until tender with sprinkled-on spices like nutmeg and cinnamon, and just a touch of coconut sugar. It’s delicious and satisfying.
13. If you have plans to dine out, take a look at the menu online before you go to the restaurant. When you decide on what to order beforehand, you’re less likely to make impulsive decisions.
14. The bacon & eggs trick must be done. You just must.
15. Now go gnaw on your favorite sinful treat. I’m gonna get me two large slices of pumpkin pie. Yep. When you do NOT entirely deny yourself the foods you love, are you are less likely to be out of control with overindulgence later on. Enjoy!