Speed Rope and Sledgehammer Workout Motivation

Oh, heyyy. This is one helluva dynamic duo. It’s the speed rope and sledgehammer workout.

This workout targets cardio for fat burning and conditioning, plus shoulders and core.

WORKOUT BREAKDOWN

• Speed Rope Pendulums: set your interval timer for 8 rounds of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest. If you don’t have a speed rope yet, simply mimic the movement. Continue your roping with a pendulum, half moon movement.
  • Sledgehammer Shoulder Press: 10-12 reps on each side
  • Sledgehammer Up-to-Bat: 10-12 reps on each side. Be sure to engage your core during the swing to maintain full control of the hammer.
  • Complete entire circuit 2-3 more times.

My sledge hammer is about 11 pounds, but don’t let it fool ya. Once you get ‘ta lifting & swinging that thing repeatedly in various directions and at different angles, it’s an immediate ass-kicker.

Equipment Checklist

Speed Rope (optional)

Sledgehammer or dumbbell

Interval timer or Tabata HIIT timer cell phone app

shot2 Speed Rope and Sledgehammer Workout Motivation

Follow this formula >>>> Show up. Put in work. Never give up. Reap the fruits of your labor.

Comments

1. Saginaw Mike says:

Swear, you coulda been Cleopatra Jones in one of those 1970s movies.

2. Marc says:

Nice music soundtrack. Was it free from Youtube? I’m getting a speed rope. I will be doing double unders before Thanksgiving.
    Marc recently posted..Friday – Rebecca Black

hey Marc. No, not free from Youtube. I sometimes snag free music from Incompetech.com, but mostly pay for music from 20dollarbeats.com. I’m gonna be checking in on you about those double unders! ;)

3. Wowee! You look awesome and powerful with this video. I love that you’re using a real sledgehammer! It’s like the hipster version of a kettlebell. :) Not that you’re a hipster, but you could imagine a hipster say with a disdaining voice, “Gah, you use official workout equipment? I only use vintage encyclopedias strapped together with a homemade leather belt.”

Keep forgetting to mention that I tried the ACV-water mix a few weeks ago. Holy cow was that more sour than I expected! But I got ok with it and made it a second time and I actually started to enjoy it. Sonny D certainly didn’t care for a swig from my water bottle! I made a weaker version for Zumba class hoping that it would prevent cottonmouth and feel refreshing and quench my thirst, but it wasn’t wasn’t that effective.
    Jessica @ Blog-Inspired Cooking recently posted..I’m Crafty: Made A Puzzle Holder

Your hipster comments are hilarious. LOL!
      As for the ACV, I recently discovered a new trick. If you add a small amount of raw honey to the mix, it works well to take away the sour taste. Ends up tasting like watered down apple juice. Much easier to gulp & more of a refreshing drink opposed to being a chore to chug. And the extra benefits of the honey!

4. WOW!! I am seriously impressed…look out anyone who ever attempts to cross you! ;)-Ashley
    thedoseofreality recently posted..Pinterest Nightmare #230: Human Snaggletooth Necklace

5. GiGi Eats says:

OH HEY BAD ASS! Can I hire you as my body guard?!?!?!!?
    GiGi Eats recently posted..What The Fudge?

6. Dr. J says:

Great workout!! I like to chop wood with either an ax or maul when I need to. I like to do physical stuff that give a useful result if possible. Recently I planted a few trees in the yard. That worked well, and the trees (crepe myrtle) are pretty!

Hey, be careful where you swing that thing! My cousin, at age five, managed to take down a door with one of those, no joke. Knocked it off the hinges.

Great workout! That’s using what you already have around to great advantage.
    mimi recently posted..Feline Friday: Bug!

What a great idea to use a sledge hammer!!
    And you have mastered that handstand!!!
    Kim recently posted..Some Tough Decisions

9. Virginia says:

What an amazing workout! I tried this out yesterday and I can already feel the burn. I’ll definitely incorporate this into my daily fitness routine. I usually just do cardio but after watching your video and following your body transformation, I’d be missing out if I didn’t use this. Thanks :)

10. You are badass Josie!!!!!!!

Today’s post: http://truth2beingfit.com/2014/08/gratitude-monday-cookies-anniversary-life/
    Jody – Fit at 56 recently posted..Things I am Happy About!