Homemade Cookie Dough Bites

That’s right ya’ll. Come bask in the deliciousness.

homemade cookie dough Homemade Cookie Dough Bitesclick on image to enlarge the tasty morsels

After grazing on too much cookie dough ice cream recently, I knew there had to be a better way to maintain the greedy trend of shoving cookie dough down my throat without it being a death sentence to my waistline.

Then whaaalah! I came up with a homemade dough that has zero white refined sugar, less butter AND has ingredients that are good for you. The addition of coconut oil and coconut sugar, both with wonderful health benefits, proved to be fantastic substitutions.

This recipe comes very darn close to original dough — even approved by my picky hubs. Very tasty. Very satisfying. Delectable goodness, indeed.

GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS

• 1 cup + 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted but not hot
  • 1/2 cup Stevia in the Raw baking blend (find it in the baking aisle)
  • 1/2 cup coconut sugar Homemade Cookie Dough Bites
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • approx 3/4 cups chocolate chips or more (milk chocolate or semi sweet — it’s your choice)
  • approx 1/8 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder or more

INSTRUCTIONS

• Cream together butter, coconut oil, Stevia, coconut sugar and vanilla extract.
  • Add flour and cocoa powder to the mix and continue to blend until thoroughly mixed.
  • Now throw in the chocolate chips and blend again.
  • Eat in delicious scoops from the bowl, or chill in the fridge for approx 20 minutes before eating.
  • To create “bites”, press mixture about 1-inch high into plastic container and freeze for approximately 30 minutes. Cut out the bite shapes before eating.

cookie dough Homemade Cookie Dough Bites

Important note: Although the frozen bites do make for a lovely presentation, be aware that they do not stay frozen for very long, so eat them right away! I actually prefer to eat the dough with a spoon right out the container in the fridge. That’s how I roll.

So tell me… you down with grazing on some homemade cookie dough?

Comments

1. Those look delicious! Yay for ingredients that are good for you!
    Brooke: Not On a Diet recently posted..Why I’m an EleVen

2. Allie says:

You know I already pinned this one!!! I have a big racing season ahead of me and these are going to be my “recovery” fuel!!! YES!
    Allie recently posted..Feeding My Face, The Lazy Way

3. Dr. J says:

lol! Tie me to the mast!! I hear the Sirens singing!

It sounds so good! Better than anything in the store.
    mimi recently posted..Hit to the wallet more than anything else.

I prefer cookie dough to the actual cookies – or maybe I’m just too lazy to actually make the cookies!!!
    As much cookie dough as I’ve eaten in my life, I still don’t let the boys eat it – they haven’t built up a resistance to it:)
    (or just more for me!)
    Kim recently posted..Time Is a Valuable Commodity

6. GiGi Eats says:

I JUST TOLD MYSELF I have to stop baking and making AWESOMENESS IN THE KITCHEN because the results are starting to show up….. BUT MAYBE… I will QUIT – AFTER I try making a GiGI version of this master piece!!!
    GiGi Eats recently posted..Coho Salmon, An Oscar Winner… And More!

7. Tamara says:

I was so hoping to see GiGi’s take on this!
    And of course I am with Kim. Sometimes cookie dough tastes a lot better than cookies. What gives?

8. Marc says:

I’m to lazy to follow a recipe. Even a sweet delicious chewy one. :(

9. Kita says:

So you are saying I don’t have to keep eating the dough before I cook the cookie. Yasssss can’t wait to try this
    Kita recently posted..New Series: Say What

This might be what it takes to get me to buy coconut oil ….
    Coco recently posted..Recipes For Three Easy Summer Salads

11. You had me at the title! Oh my goodness! These look so amazing. I’m going to forward this to my mom and husband and guilt them into making them for me!!!!
    Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Favorite Prenatal Pilates Moves

12. SQUEEE!!! You are a genius!! I am going to have to make these!
    Kristina Walters @ Kris On Fitness recently posted..St. Christopher’s Summerfest 5K Recap

13. Oh my! This recipe looks fantastic. I’m a huge cookie dough/cookie monster! YUM!

14. Claudia says:

So tasty! That seems to be irresistible.
    Claudia recently posted..Smoking Barbecue Grill

15. Just … YUM! And I hazard a guess my kids would be into this too ;) I love that you’ve used coconut sugar, thanks for sharing!
    Debra @ Escape-Average recently posted..It Is What It Is – NO MORE!

16. I would eat the whole batch! :) So afraid to make!!! :)
    Jody – Fit at 56 recently posted..Thoughts on Depression & Some Personal Insights

17. Saginaw Mike says:

Maybe half choc chips, a few butterscotches and a scoop of raisins.

18. merri says:

Have you tried cooking them? Are they still good? I’m in the minority – I don’t like cookie dough. Cookies are good though.