Yum Yucky Style Files

Yup. I’ve finally entered into the realm of actually wanting to look sorta sassy when I venture out the house. No more mom jeans for me. This was my 4th of July style…

stylefiles1 Yum Yucky Style Files

And ya, the elastic waist on this outfit made it ohhh-so-easy to transition into and out of my holiday food coma with ease. I laid a blanket on the grass and took a nap in this ensemble. Relaxation to the max.

The romper can be dressed up or down simply by changing out your shoes. The bracelet is also stunning. I love it!

Getting fit can totally boost your confidence. Two years ago I would not have dared to even try on this outfit. I’ll never be a fashionista and don’t put any stock in the superficial to define me, yet it’s still awesome how a new outfit and pretty piece of jewelry can make you feel extra beautiful.

How about you do something nice for yourself sometime soon? — something that’s not of necessity. Get yourself a new outfit or maybe a manicure? Go see a movie or give yourself some “me” time to read a book. Heck, you could even take a much-needed vacation day to slave away in the kitchen to bake me some homemade snacks. Just sayin’.

Comments

1. You look so cute!

I love the word “romper”! Yet I’m a bit to butch to pull one off. I did buy a necklace recently though, something I don’t think I’ve done since I was 13, and it did give me a weird burst of endorphins just looking in the mirror. (Hmm, I wonder if the mood burst counts as exercise?)
    crabby mcslacker recently posted..Does Watching TV Give You Cancer?

2. Simone says:

It’s a great outfit. Looks super comfy and can imagine the ‘sass factor’ you give it with just adding some heels and accessories:) You look great! Please…toss the mom jeans! You have got such a great body…ain’t no place mom jeans in your life;)

You always make me Laugh Out LOUD literally… Food coma this time was it for me!

PS I think you’re very inspiring so have put you on my inspiring bloggers list. I don’t expect you to do the post (took me forever and a day to finish!), just wanted to let you know:)

Simone recently posted..Very inspiring blogger

Hi Simone. What an honor! Thank you so much. I have you post open in another window right now and about to read it. squeeeee!!!!

3. That is ADORABLE! I haven’t been able to pull off a romper since the early 1990s, but you look great. I can, on the other hand, rock some cute bracelets like those! And now that you say it, I *could* use a pedicure. Maybe I’ll schedule one for this week! What a great post to start off the week in a positive way!! :) –Lisa
    The Dose of Reality recently posted..Would You Rather: Give Up TV Or Books?

4. You go girl! Rompers just don’t work for my body. Once in a while I’ll try one on, thinking maybe this could be the ONE, and then it’s on my body and I’m like whaaaaaaaat is this?!
    Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..July Whole25: Week 1 Meal Plan

You sure? There are so many outfits I talked myself out of in the past. You might be surprised at the compliments you get!

5. Donna says:

Oh, so cute! My chest is big which means one-piece style things don’t usually work for me. (If it fits my chest, it hangs everywhere else & I look 13 months pregnant.) And I always dread the one-piece clothing item when it’s time to pee. Having said that, I just bought something similar at Target. LOL! Navy blue, dressier fabric, little lace-flower-applique thingies along the neck. It looks like a dress. This looks way more comfy! And since it’s shorts, I can minimize the dreaded thigh rub, which a maxi dress doesn’t do. I’ll have to hit up my local Tarzhay and see if I can pull it off. Thanks for the idea.
    Donna recently posted..Independence

I had to use the bathroom in a place where the door didn’t lock. Totally dreaded having to de-robe my entire body just to pee. Yep, held the door shut with one hand. Enjoy Tarzhay, bay-bay!

6. You look amazing & beautiful & confident!!!!! Love!!!
    Jody – Fit at 56 recently posted..Gratitude Monday & My Days Off

7. GiGi Eats says:

I CANNOT pull of a romper – YOU on the other hand, YES YOU CAN!!!
    GiGi Eats recently posted..Traversing Los Angeles with Stacy! #ChevyFitTrip

You look amazing in that! It’s really you.
    mimi recently posted..Awww Monday: We has a comfy.

9. kita says:

Love it I have never worn one but want to so bad I wish I can find a cute one that fits my full figure. I saw one last summer but it had flowers….I don’t do flowers
    kita recently posted..Marketing Doesn’t Take A Summer Vacation

10. Jenny says:

You look awesome in that romper!! I wish I could pull off rompers. I just feel like they make me look frumpy.
    Jenny recently posted..Weekend Recap & What’s for Dinner This Week

11. What Jody said…

12. Saginaw Mike says:

Like it says in Dancing in the Street, it doesn’t matter what you wear, just as long as you are there. This is really nice, but jeans are too. Whatever you choose. If I was single and you was single, I would try to get you to go on a date.

13. Why look sassy when you can BE sassy? Anyone who romps around in a romper deserves the finest! Romp on!
    KymberlyFunFit recently posted..I’m Only Losing 1 1/2 Pounds Per Week on my Diet; Is that Enough?

Bringing the romper back! Oh yeah!
    Coco recently posted..Do You Really Never Regret A Workout?

15. Tamara says:

I love adult rompers. Although my daughter has some cute ones too. Why isn’t yours rainbow striped with bows like hers???
    Just kidding. I love that you took a nap in it too. The bracelet’s gorgeous.
    Tamara recently posted..One Small Voice.

You are rocking that romper!! I keep looking at them but haven’t even tried one on – I keep telling myself I’m too old.
    Kim recently posted..Is it Possible to go from Loving Heat to Being Heat Intolerant?

17. Cute outfit! You look great in it! I’m going to be treating myself to mani/pedi at the end of this week and I can’t wait!
    Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Second Trimester: Halfway!

18. cute romper!! Didn’t know target had such style!
    Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama recently posted..Fitbloggin 14 Savannah Part 1: Paula Deen, Wet Willies and Endless Hugs

19. Carla says:

The romper is adorable! It looks very good on you. And I agree that sometimes a new outfit or do or something can make you feel so much better. I think more so when you aren’t the kind to buy that sort of thing all the time.
    Carla recently posted..Sauteed Shrimp and Zoodles

20. I wore rompers when I was 7 and initially the thought of them coming back made me cringe a bit, but I’m definitely coming around! Yours looks cozy and comfy and perfectly draped at the top, which I tend to get paranoid about (is it draped right? Is one boob almost hanging out?). Rock it, girl!
    Jessica @ Blog-Inspired Cooking recently posted..Menu Plan: Week of July 7

21. That looks so cute on you! You are stylin’!
    Kristina Walters @ Kris On Fitness recently posted..Running Is Contagious

22. marleen says:

You look great in this outfit. It’s something that I would wear as well when Summer gets here in 2 months. Very sassy.
    So how many men have hit on you when you left the home in that outfit? ;)
    marleen recently posted..What keeps me from getting overweight again