Which curbs hunger the longest: Apple Cider Vinegar, Tea or Plain Water?

The answer to this question isn’t cut & dry. All of these liquids have stupendous merit and definitely do the job of bitch-slapping hunger. Yet as a veteran-slurper off of all three of these, I’ve discovered something quite interesting…

acv apple cider vinegar Which curbs hunger the longest: Apple Cider Vinegar, Tea or Plain Water?

WATER

OMG, plain water is so dang boring. Ya, I do drink it in impressive (forced) amounts, and we all know how important water is, but when drank-en for the purpose of curbing hunger, it gets last place marks. In my personal experience, making a concerted effect to slurp on water to curb hunger has mostly led to bloating and the necessity for me to strap a Porta-Potty to my back. I’m not discouraging you from getting in your hydrationfication through plain water, but for the sole purpose of battling hunger, you have better options.

HOT OR COLD TEA

I get it. Not everyone is a tea drinker. But here’s why it’s better than plain water: Tea is an experience. It gives you that fanciful feeling. And since tea is most times slurped slowly opposed to being gulped profusely, in my own unscientific experience, tea is digested in a way that makes you not have to run to the bathroom in excess. One can argue that you can simply slurp water in the same slow manner to avoid the bathroom problem, but the fact still remains that water can get boring real fast. Tea seems to fill you up in a more slow, controlled fashion, allowing for greater hunger-curbing longevity.

I’m currently in love with The Republic of Tea, Ginseng Peppermint Tea Which curbs hunger the longest: Apple Cider Vinegar, Tea or Plain Water? . It is ahhh-mazing. Each teabag contains a mix of cinnamon, Echinacea, panax ginseng, peppermint, licorice, and other fanciful ingredients.

Tea delivers the waters you need while also pumping your sexy body with other healthy ingredients. If you’re intrigued, check out my easy recipes for Homemade Citrus Sweet Tea and Easy Homemade Detox Tea.

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (ACV)

I stumbled upon ACV’s hunger-curbing superpowers by accident. I add 4 teaspoons of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar Which curbs hunger the longest: Apple Cider Vinegar, Tea or Plain Water? to a bottle of plain water (approx 16 ounces). My initial and continued purpose for adding ACV to my water is to promote alkalinity in the body (yes, vinegar does create an alkaline state). I’m greedy for all the health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar Which curbs hunger the longest: Apple Cider Vinegar, Tea or Plain Water? , but never thought it might curb my hunger as wonderfully as it does.

Apple Cider Vinegar has a strong reputation as a weight loss aid and natural healing agent. I’ve written about its effectiveness at keeping the stomach flu away. Just be sure to NOT get the basic, crystal clear kind you find in the stores. Get yourself some Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar since it contains the “mother”. Many stores are now carrying this in the natural food aisle.

Tea-slurping has a tiny edge over ACV when used to curb hunger, but Apple Cider Vinegar is still the best choice because of its weight loss benefits. ACV contains acetic acid, which helps breakdown and prevent the accumulation of body fat. Here is additional reading you can do to explore the subject further:

Whatever healthy methods you use to stay hydrated and curb hunger, consider adding apple cider vinegar to your regimen. It’ll do ‘yo body good. Now drink it up!

Comments

1. Just my luck: The stinkiest one is the best one. :-(
    Lex @ Flecks of Lex recently posted..World Cup Bingo (printable version below)

2. Kita says:

I think I might stick with the water but I can use help in the weight loss department….nah water with a dash of lemon I can’t do the taste of vinegar
    Kita recently posted..Celebritize yourself

Years ago, back in high school, i started drinking lots of water, usually a half gallon to a gallon a day, and i’m still doing it. In fact, i crave it. You are right, though, that it doesn’t do much to curb hunger.

The best thing about tea is that i can have a hot cup of it in the evenings and it won’t give me the caffeine shakes and keep me up until the wee hours of the morning. Can’t say that about coffee, which i love but of which i can only have one cup, very early in the morning, unless you want to peel me off the ceiling.

My dad had a book about folk medicine which i read in my late teens. It recommended apple cider vinegar, with a little honey and lemon, too, in water each day for good health. For a while i did that, and i need to get back to it.

Oh, and your blog doesn’t seem to want to let me comment again, i’m not sure why. If i try to put in my blog URL, it won’t publish my comments. Oh, well. “We are stuck with technology when what we want is just stuff that works.” ~ Douglas Adams

I’m a water drinker!! I rarely deviate (except at cocktail hour!!!).
    Kim recently posted..I Messed Up!!!

5. Cindy says:

That was weird that the one article says fruit like lemon is acidic, but breaks down to become alkaline in your body and many meats are the opposite. Bizarre! I can tell you that any acidic food makes me suffer for a long time before it breaks down into something that is not toxic so I am going to take a pass on that idea. I am not sure if vinegar would bother me or not. I never eat it or drink it.
    Cindy recently posted..Boredom: The Hallmark of Success

6. Tamara says:

Oh yes, good old Bragg’s ACV. I’ve used it in face masks to combat acne (totally works) and I would drink it, not to curb hunger, but when I was sick with a cold. It helped!
    Tamara recently posted..Over The Top.

7. Portia says:

I have a bottle of this stuff sitting in my fridge (my husband drinks it) and have always been scared because it tastes so bad but you’ve convinced me, Josie. I’ll try it!

Just dilute it and you’ll barely even notice the taste, but your body will be like, “Thank you, Portia!”

8. Jamie says:

Water is my go-to or hydration. I don’t think I could add any vinegar, though. I’d rather do tea than that!
    Jamie recently posted..What Are The Best Espresso Beans?

9. GiGi Eats says:

NOTHING curbs my hunger better than an ENTIRE CHICKEN! Muahhhh ha ha ha ah aha ha!
    GiGi Eats recently posted..This is an Emergen-C!

10. Hmm! I would never have guessed tea but it makes sense! I love a good cuppa!
    Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..99 Days of Summer Update

11. Jenny says:

I’m curious. I’ve always read the benefits of ACV (and I use it on my zits and it works WONDERS!), but can you taste it when you add it to your water? I don’t know if I’d be in to it if you can.
    Jenny recently posted..Wedding Recap – Part Two

12. I love tea. And I definitely don’t sip it, I usually get my chug on. I’ll take one tea bag, fill my mug with hot water, put a little cold water in there so it isn’t burning hot… chug it down, and then I’ll start all over again with the same tea bag. I might drink 3 cups like that!

How does the ACV taste in the H2O?
    Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..My July Whole25: Days 1 – 3

13. I need to get on the ACV bandwagon! :)
    Jody – Fit at 56 recently posted..Thermo Heat Maximum Strength Fat Burner Update

14. Cassandre says:

I am all about water :-) i tried drinking ACV and didn’t like the taste. I think I might have put to much. need to try it again. I do us ACV to wash my hair lol.. it’s great for cleansing your scalp of product build up…
    Cassandre recently posted..Your 4th of July BBQ and Healthy Eating Guide

15. Saginaw Mike says:

Ice water tastes best, especially in hot weather, but I learned it can cause heartburn so add some room temp slugs after. Plus if anyone wants to move to Saginaw, Mich., we have the World Best Tap Water piped down from Lake Huron/Saginaw Bay. It’s really good.

16. Simone says:

Josie…you ALWAYS make me laugh my head off….lol. I’m off topic now….but rereading your ‘about’ page and I have to say…4 kids…41…I have bigger respect for you than I initially did…I don’t think it sank in when I first started reading your blog! You look ahhhhh-mazing!

Okay…I love water…though some days I seriously wish I was woman enough to rock a catheter or adult diapers. lol. Especially after leg day *sobs*. All those toilet trips with those sore legs….

I will definitely be adding the ACV to my water in future! I also love the health benefits of ACV so makes sense to add it at least once a day to my routine. Thanks for the post;)
    Simone recently posted..Me

ha! catheter and adult diapers. You are too much, woman. Thanks for your nice compliments about my old bitty, aging self. ;)

17. I will definitely give the vinegar thing a shot! I mean, why not?! If nothing else, it will make me feel kind of nauseous, which will definitely curb my hunger! ;)-Ashley
    thedoseofreality recently posted..Pinterest Nightmare #735: Solafeet Portable Foot Tanner

18. Carla says:

I’ve never heard of the ACV thing before. Can you taste it when you put it in that much water?

The tea I’ll skip. :)
    Carla recently posted..My #SweatPinkSummer

19. Thanks for this info! I was looking into the ACV for it’s weight loss properties. I really could use all the help I can get. I didn’t know it curbs appetite though. I can’t wait to try it!
    Kristina Walters @ Kris On Fitness recently posted..Running Is Contagious

20. I know that if I have a little something in my water (i.e. tea, sometimes with a splash of non-dairy creamer) it does a better job of keeping my tummy satisfied and not growling for more. I wouldn’t mind some of the extra benefits ACV and I’ve got a good bottle at home (Cook’s Illustrated’s top choice — Spectrum Naturals organic unfiltered), so it’s time to give it a shot!

People have been using drinking vinegars for a long time. I think it comes from before refrigeration and people would be out working in the fields and vinegar in a beverage would be more satisfying at quenching your thirst than a ladle full of stale warm water.
    Jessica @ Blog-Inspired Cooking recently posted..Menu Plan: Week of July 14

21. Elana says:

I LOVE Bragg’s ACV. i use it for everything! I’ve even used it in a neilmed bottle to clear up a year long sinus infection (only a teaspoon mixed with water and saline solution).

22. J says:

Hi, first off love your blog…have been very helpful to me…. So I am reading this way late after the original post, but what do you think of drinking warm water and lemon (usually 1/2 the juice of lemon) in the morning or throughout the day?? I have gone back & forth between the AVC (just finished my first whole bottle) and lemon thing. Your thoughts???

Hi J. Yes, also do the warm water with lemon. I think you should keep it up! And it’s just about time I had a cup of that myself. So glad you’re enjoying the blog. :)