Is today the appointed day for a teensy bit of greedy? You could be gnawing on Easy Cherry Turnovers in mere minutes…
Back in the day when we used to eat fast food, the hubs would always order a turnover from Arby’s. But alas! Now we can have them homemade. Easy Cherry Turnovers is fantastical for the occasional greedy snacking or when you want to impress hungry house guests without slaving too long in the kitchen.
GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS
Adapted from TasteofHome.com. Serves 4. Double the recipe for extra-greediness.
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1 tube refrigerated Crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- tiny dash of lemon juice
DIRECTIONS CHERRY TURNOVER
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Open crescent rolls and separate into 4 rectangles, following the perforated lines.
- Each rectangle will also have a perforated line separating it into triangles. Do not break this line. Instead, squeeze/press this perforation together to seal it.
- Add 1/4 cup pie filling to one side of each rectangle, then fold over and use a fork to seal outer edges.
- Bake on cookie sheet for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Using a spoon, drizzle on the glaze in quick, whispy movements.
DIRECTIONS FOR DRIZZLE GLAZE
- Add confectioner’s sugar, milk and dash of lemon juice to bowl, then blend together.
- You may need to add more milk or sugar depending on the consistency you desire.
Since this recipe was a tasty success, my next move will be to try it using fresh cherries.
…and now you can fro-down! Ironically, I am detoxing this week and will not be able to join you in turnover-gnawing until the weekend. You bettah save me a piece. Yes, that is a threat.