Greedy Recipe! Easy Cherry Turnovers

Is today the appointed day for a teensy bit of greedy? You could be gnawing on Easy Cherry Turnovers in mere minutes…

cherry turnovers Greedy Recipe! Easy Cherry Turnovers

Back in the day when we used to eat fast food, the hubs would always order a turnover from Arby’s. But alas! Now we can have them homemade. Easy Cherry Turnovers is fantastical for the occasional greedy snacking or when you want to impress hungry house guests without slaving too long in the kitchen.

GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS

Adapted from TasteofHome.com. Serves 4. Double the recipe for extra-greediness.
  • 1 cup cherry pie filling
  • 1 tube refrigerated Crescent rolls
  • 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
  • 1 teaspoon milk
  • tiny dash of lemon juice

DIRECTIONS CHERRY TURNOVER

• Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Open crescent rolls and separate into 4 rectangles, following the perforated lines.
  • Each rectangle will also have a perforated line separating it into triangles. Do not break this line. Instead, squeeze/press this perforation together to seal it.
  • Add 1/4 cup pie filling to one side of each rectangle, then fold over and use a fork to seal outer edges.
  • Bake on cookie sheet for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
  • Using a spoon, drizzle on the glaze in quick, whispy movements.

DIRECTIONS FOR DRIZZLE GLAZE

• Add confectioner’s sugar, milk  and dash of lemon juice to bowl, then blend together.
  • You may need to add more milk or sugar depending on the consistency you desire.

Since this recipe was a tasty success, my next move will be to try it using fresh cherries.

turnover Greedy Recipe! Easy Cherry Turnovers

…and now you can fro-down! Ironically, I am detoxing this week and will not be able to join you in turnover-gnawing until the weekend. You bettah save me a piece. Yes, that is a threat.

Comments

1. Jenny says:

Give me ALLLLL the turnovers!!! Nom nom!
    Jenny recently posted..Weekend Recap & What’s for Dinner

All of your noms are belong to me…
    I do this with lemon pie filling. Oh yes. It’s good too :)

I’m glad you mentioned the lemon filing. I wasn’t sure if that would work but you just confirmed it does. Please don’t take all my noms. You be greedy.

3. Cindy says:

This is so easy even I could make it. Except I don’t cook! Like my kitchen cupboards are full of board games and crafting supplies and my oven has been broken for years and I use it for storage. When I sell the house I’ll get a new stove. For now I have a toaster oven and a microwave. Of course I don’t even know what confectioner’s sugar is!
    Cindy recently posted..Boredom: The Hallmark of Success

Sweetie is going to love this! Cherry turnovers are his favorites.
    mimi recently posted..Awww Monday: Do I Have To?

5. Saginaw Mike says:

Egg roll wrappers can work too, or various froot fillings. Agree? Never have followed through, but should, on froot tamales Have heard of but never sampled.

6. Hi pretty lady! I’ve been MIA forever. I came to check up on your blog and saw the pic you have up… am I going crazy or is that a new, updated picture in the pink sports bra? YOU LOOK SO FABULOUS! Hot mama!!!! Just had to let you know ;) xoxo
    Aishah @ Coffee, Love, Health recently posted..Weddings & Work, Oh my!

Hi Aishah! That is definitely an updated pic of me. Yes, girl, I have been working HARRRRD. Thanks so much for stopping by. xoxoxo!!

7. Allie says:

You are a better woman then me. You lost me at “cherry pie filling.” Do that have that in the grocery store?? I’m lost :-(

8. Those look great! My cheater recipe is to look for cherry Toaster Strudel. ;-)
    Coco (@Got2Run4Me) recently posted..Running In Washington DC

9. Stuart says:

These look “fantastical” I love a quick recipe. How many calories do you think they wold contain? because I’m going to be eating quite a few! :)

Hey Stuart. Each turnover is a little over 300 calories. They’re a pretty good size, so you can get away with sharing and still feeling satisfied.

10. Tamara says:

I’ll always save you a piece, especially because you provided the amazing recipe! So thank you for that.
    I used to eat fast food too, but it’s been about a decade.
    And you just gave me a real throwback to Arby’s turnovers! Only on vacation, though, because there aren’t any around here.
    Tamara recently posted..The Little Girl Who Lost Her Name.

11. Oh my gosh! These look SO good and I can’t believe how easy they are to make!
    Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..The Best Prenatal Workout DVDs

12. So easy and they look oh-so-good! I need to start a pinterest board for all of the goodies I want to eat when I am done with bikini prep. For now I will just lean in real close to the screen and tell myself that I can smell the goodness. lol
    Kimberly (Manifest Yourself) recently posted..And this is how my birthday started…

13. Ummmmmmmmmmm, yum but afraid to make!!! ;)
    Jody – Fit at 56 recently posted..Gratitude Monday with a NuNaturals Giveaway for You!

14. Carla says:

I think I could do this and impress the grandchildren!
    Carla recently posted..Random Thoughts on Eating for Running

15. My husband is going to LOVE these! Thanks!!
    Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama recently posted..Weekly Wednesday Workout: Spiderman Planks

Nellie, you definitely gotta make it for him. If you offer your hubs a cherry turnover, private-dancer zumba combo, ya’ll might end up with another baby. LOL!

16. These look fabulous! I love easy to make recipes!
    Kristina Walters @ Kris On Fitness recently posted..Running Is Contagious

I love turn-overs and these look like my speed of baking!!!
    Kim recently posted..Mixing Things Up While On Vacation (7/13-7/19)

18. happy mom says:

Hi there, just wanted to tell you how useful and inspiring your website is! :) thank you for all that you post and your honesty!
    i just started my new blog too: back2happymom.blogspot.com and I am so excited. thanks again!