Speed Rope for Fat Loss: Workout and Meal Plan

Isn’t fat loss a beautiful thang? If you haven’t yet acquired your speed rope for cardio conditioning and to battle your fatty parts, don’t you dare fret. Even before I had my own speed rope, I would mimic the moves with an “invisible” speed rope. You can do the same.

speed rope workout Speed Rope for Fat Loss: Workout and Meal Plan

SPEED ROPE FOR FAT LOSS: WORKOUT BREAKDOWN

This is a timesaver workout that should take approximately 14-16 minutes to complete. It leaves ample room for quality couch-azzing later on. During speed rope, set your interval timer for 8 rounds of: 20 seconds work / 10 seconds rest

• Full body warm up of your choice, approx 4 mins
  • 4 minutes high knee speed rope intervals
  • Push-ups until failure
  • Short rest, approx 90-secs
  • Push-ups until failure
  • 4 minutes high knee speed rope intervals

speed rope intervals Speed Rope for Fat Loss: Workout and Meal Plan

EQUIPMENT CHECKLIST

Speed Rope or invisible speed rope

Interval Timer or free online timer

THE MEAL PLAN

• Breakfast: Tea or coffee. Waffle smathered in raw honey. Fresh watermelon cubes.
  • Lunch: Spinach salad with diced tomatoes, 1 sliced hard boiled egg & 2 slices fresh bacon crumbles. Light dressing of your choice.
  • Dinner: Turkey burger with lettuce & tomato. Homemade, baked sweet potato fries.
  • Snacking throughout the day: Small handful of almonds, carrot sticks, small square of chocolate or other small sweet treat.

Eating Tips: If you are doing Intermittent Fasting, skip the breakfast and enjoy your first meal at lunchtime. Remember to hydrate sufficiently throughout the day. Stay away from bottled juice, soda (including diet soda) and those high calorie mocha-latte-cha-cha types of drinks. Stick with water, tea, coffee, and freshly squeezed juice. Feel free to sweeten your tea or coffee with your favorite non-artificial sweetener, but make it your goal to use less sweetener than normally. Natural, zero-calorie Stevia works nicely in tea, but not coffee.

You guarantee yourself results when you stick to your fitness plan and put in the work. Strive for nothing less than awesome.

Comments

1. At CrossFit we do a lot of jump roping… we do double unders which is when the rope passes under you twice in one jump. Let me tell you, they kick my butt!
    Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..Handmade Beauty

You forgot the last step — drop from exhaustion and don’t get anything else done the rest of the day! (Well, it might work as an excuse for why i didn’t get anything else done!)
    mimi recently posted..Just don’t call me Hazzelelponi.

3. I think i follow — invisible rope plus invisible breakfast leads to invisible fat. I see that!
    Kymberly (@KymberlyFunFit) recently posted..Best Workouts to Burn Fat For Women Over 50

4. Allie says:

I pledge to strive for nothing less then AWESOME!!!! Even when doing speed rope intervals that leave me breathing like I’m in labor.
    Allie recently posted..VITA AdVentures Abroad: World Championship Duathlon, Spain

I like jump rope workouts – I always feel like my heart rate is way up there!!!
    Kim recently posted..Chicken Salad Pitas

6. marleen says:

If my pelvic floor weren’t so weak after having two kids, I would surely do this workout. Jumps aren’t my buddy since child birth number two (insert embarrassing face here).
    marleen recently posted..Cycling after weight training & dips

7. Cassandre says:

I LIVE for my speed rope sessions. It amazes me and I love rue calories u quickly burn with a good speed rope interval !
    Cassandre recently posted..5 Tips to Surviving Life as a Fit Mom

8. Carla says:

Great workout! I’ve been wanting one of those Gymboss timers forever. They are so awesome!
    Carla recently posted..Eating Organic, thinkThin Bars, and a #Giveaway

9. CARLA says:

ahhh IM A MIMIC’er who needs a rope.
    CARLA recently posted..Why I’m awake at 4 a.m.

10. Simone says:

What could one swop the waffle breakfast for?

Workout looks great! Will definitely do this. Just need an alternative for the push ups due to a shoulder injury:(
    Simone recently posted..Being committed to the goal

11. I do speed rope and I really like this routine. Do you use it with another workout of do you just do this one. Maybe I will do this on a Sunday since it is so short.
    Niekka McDonald recently posted..My Dad

12. Stuart says:

I like how you’ve set out a well thought out plan here. Really helps to get people organized, prepared and motivated. I’m sure you’re helping many

13. Tiffany says:

I’m going to do this workout along with a run in the morning to redeem myself of the run I skipped today, smh. If I didn’t have a race on Friday I wouldn’t feel so bad. :-/
    Tiffany recently posted..A Pinspired Project: Chevron Accent Wall

14. This paragraph is in fact a fastidious one it helps new net visitors, who are wishing in favor of
    blogging.
    outdoor roof shutters sutherland shire recently posted..outdoor roof shutters sutherland shire