How to Make a Kick Ass Power Sammich

A kick ass power sammich requires powerful ingredients. Not deli slices with nitrates and other preservatives. Not the kind of bread that causes bloat. Behold…the Power Sammich.

power How to Make a Kick Ass Power Sammich

Not only will you be feeling real powerful ‘n stuff, you will also be feeding your body a wonderful array of foodstuffs that’s just right for kicking fat’s ass and building lean muscle. Can I get an amen?

GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS

• 2 slices Ezekiel Bread, toasted
  • 2 slices tomato
  • 1 egg, scrambled or fried hard in a dab of coconut oil*
  • 2 thick avocado slices
  • fresh baby spinach
  • 1/2 slice cheddar cheese
  • salt & pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

• Build your sammich by first toasting your Ezekiel bread while you prepare the egg.
  • Lay small amount of spinach of top slice of warm & toasty bread
  • Place cooked egg on the bed of spinach. Add cheese next (so it can get melty), then tomato, salt, pepper and avocado.
  • Finish with another layer of spinach, then top if off with 2nd toasty bread slice.
  • Now CHEW

*Sidenote: Alternatively, the egg can be cooking in the microwave. Crack egg into small bowl, stab with a fork to break yolk, then microwave for 45-60 seconds. This is great trick for building your power sammich in the workplace kitchen like I do.

The sammich is perfect for your next breakfast, lunch or dinner. It delivers the power of Tasty into your stomach. Not get it to.

Comments

I LOVE egg sandwiches. I would swap havarti for your cheddar and arugula for the baby spinach.
    Coco recently posted..The Perfect Race (Lawyers Have Heart 10K)

2. Kita says:

I had a sammich with eggs on it for the first time a few months ago and goodness it was so good. I am loving spinach on everything now for some reason.
    Kita recently posted..Planning the almost perfect birthday party

First egg sammich only a few months ago? They taste super more-good when you use extra buttahs in the pan, but you didn’t hear me tell you that.

3. Joanne says:

That sounds like a delicious sandwich with all the added nutritionally healthy benefits.
    Great recipe!
    Joanne recently posted..Summer Sizzle 2014 and the Father’s Day Blue Cheese Burger

4. You can’t beat a healthy sammich! I go between those and salads for work. Quick and simple is the way to go :)
    Louise@FitRadiance recently posted..Grain Free Apple Muffins

Yum – I love sandwiches like this!!! Was bacon on the list of ingredients?!
    Kim recently posted..Living in Fear Isn’t the Answer

6. Barbara says:

That looks so good!

Nom.

It delivers the power of nutrition, too, while not tasting like bland! At least, i would think so just from reading the ingredients.
    mimi recently posted..Awww Monday: Pile O’ Kittens

9. Carla says:

Great power sammich! I almost bought some Ezekiel bread when I went to the store on Thursday but I need to do some more research on it. Although I do like it, I just need to figure out where it stands given where I’m going with my food intake.
    Carla recently posted..Grilled Chile Chicken Lettuce Wraps

10. Tamara says:

Delicious! I may want to swap the tomatoes for something else, personally, but everything else delights me.
    I have heard Ezekiel bread is very good, as far as bread goes.
    Tamara recently posted..The Stories Go On.

Ezekiel bread is surely tasty! I was just telling my hubs this morning that there’s no reason for me to ever eat regular bread anymore as part of a meal at home. I keep my Ezekiel in the freezer since I’d never get through an entire loaf that quickly.

11. Simone says:

Ahh that looks so good! Going to read up on Ezekiel bread. Is it the same as Essene bread? I think this combo would be great on essene bread…and I have all this stuff at home!
    Simone recently posted..Being committed to the goal

I just Google Essene bread and I’m intrigued! I once had bread made from coconut flour. It was awful.

12. Saginaw Mike says:

To keep the egg from blowing up in the microwave, nuke for about 25 seconds, then allow it to cool a little bit (plus a chance to stir a little), then do the final 25-30 seconds. Submitted by Josie’s self-designated food assistant. On weekends, Yum does not say “exercise.” She says “extra fries.”

13. Sara says:

I made this for lunch today and inhaled it. Yum! Can’t wait to have it again tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

14. If you want a cheaper version of Ezekiel bread, try Trader Joe’s sprouted bread. I am totally in love with it. Several flavors available. It’s sooo good toasted. And I like that it has protein and fiber and it’s only 60-80 calories per slice rather than the 110 cal for a slice of regular whole wheat bread.

Josie! I finally made the baked coconut shrimp! (link below) Check it out!
    Jessica @ Blog-Inspired Cooking recently posted..Sweet And Spicy: Baked Coconut Shrimp With Marmalade Dipping Sauce

Thanks for the tip. I’ll definitely try TJ’s brand of Ezekiel. And can’t wait to read about the coconut shrimp. I’ll be over to your blawwg in a sec…

15. blackhuff says:

Freaking awesome sarmie :)
    blackhuff recently posted..Read it here

16. Carla says:

around here we are all about ANYTHING SOMEONE ELSE MAKES!!!!

((proffers plate))
    Carla recently posted..If Mama ain’t healthy–ain’t nobody healthy.

17. KalleyC says:

Everything tastes great with avocado! :-)
    KalleyC recently posted..Declining Drinks In Your 30s and Beyond

18. Valerie says:

That’s one healthy sandwich but it sure does taste good. Had to try this, although I think I’ll substitute another king of cheese for variety.
    Valerie recently posted..Do You “Throw Everything At” Your Weight Loss Efforts?

19. Leslie says:

I saw on somebody’s post the other day that they used cucumbers as the bread and made cucumber subs. That looked really good to me. I don’t do eggs, but I like the idea of fitting lots of healthy stuff between your hands..lol..and would defiantly add bacon, but I’m too lazy to cook it :)
    Leslie recently posted..Thursday Non-Scale Victories and Being Brave Day 4

The power of bacon goes untapped when we’re too lazy to make it. But that’s exactly why my sammich didn’t have any bacon on it either. Whoops!

20. This is my go to sandwich. I make one similar to this all of the time lol. Now you got me wanting one….
    Niekka McDonald recently posted..My Dad

21. Jennifer says:

This looks delicious. I am falling in love with Ezekial Bread. Sorry it has been so long since I have commented. I’ve been a bad blogger. Hope all is well.
    Jennifer recently posted..BackPacker June 2014

22. Stuart says:

That looks delish! I’m so into baby spinach at the moment. Thanks for the idea, I’ll definitely be adding bacon to mine :)