If you struggle with balancing home and fitness…

…ummm, yeah. Me too. So don’t feel bad about it. Josie is here to comfort thee in your time of angst. Balancing home and fitness life is hard times, yo.

Exhibit A: While taking a pic of the back of Greedy Baby’s head (because I did a hair braid), I noticed a dirty stock wrapped around the control lever-thingy of Hub’s man-chair.

dirty socks If you struggle with balancing home and fitness...

At first I was appalled. Then I remembered I noticed that same sock before… a week ago. I forgot to take it off. Everyone else in the house has ignored it, of course. But here’s the extra lame part:

The sock is still there right now.  I got super-busy after snapping the pic. My favorite TV show came on. I was stuck in couch-azzing position. This is clearly excusable behavior and the proper way to balance home & family with other stuff.

Because even if that dirty sock has foot-stank-juice inside and grows fungal tentacles while hanging there, at least I watched my show and got in my workout this morning. BOOM!

I promise my house doesn’t look like hoarders, but priorities, my people. Priorities!

Comments

1. I figure if my laundry is nasty enough to grow appendages I get BONUS points for having to chase it around the house and wrestle into the washing machine. Or, having to streak through town naked at high speed because there are no clean clothes to wear–it’s a really good HIIT workout.

I think you totally have your priorities in the right place!
    crabby mcslacker recently posted..New York State of Mind

Streak through town naked at high speed? This would make my already flappy boobs even more flappy.

2. Kita says:

I clean my house religiously my hubs thinks I am crazy if I see a sock out of place I go crazy lol I wish I could transfer this to exercising do you know how much weight I would lose.
    Kita recently posted..100 free things to do in Atlanta

The kids were away this weekend. Within 5 minutes of them coming home, living room looked like an atom bomb went off. It’s hard to keep up. I do my best

3. So get this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jody – Fit at 56 recently posted..Gratitude Monday & Life & Emails

4. Susan says:

Hahaha, you crack me up! Wit and a good message.

Just like things around here – priorities (and the fact that no one else in the family seems to be bothered by that kind of thing!!!).
    Kim recently posted..Turning a Negative into a Positive

6. Tamara says:

hahah..oh yes. Story of our lives around here.
    I’m not the neat one of the family either. My husband must give up sometimes.
    Tamara recently posted..It’s A Little Bit Funny..

7. OH IT SO IS DO WHAT I CAN WHEN I CAN HERE.
    lately? that does not involve laundry or cleaning :-)
    Carla be so #wycwycw recently posted..4 reasons NIGHTTIME SNACKING works for me.

8. blackhuff says:

Hie hie hie. I think we all have a moment like this where something is caught on a photo but still is there due to being busy or just plain lazy ;)
    blackhuff recently posted..Recently started

9. I recognize that sock and need it back. I’m holding its mate hostage.
    KymberlyFunFit recently posted..Ultimate Baby Boomer Workouts: 7 Key Training Principles

Look up The Middle episode from two weeks ago, when the neighbor thinks they were robbed because the house is such a mess. My husb thinks that’s me. It’s not my fault I have so much to do that I don’t have time to put stuff away!
    Coco recently posted..Exploring Copenhagen

11. Simone says:

Lol. Thankfully I have a helper 5 days a week. I shudder to think what I would be looking at daily if that was not the case. Training and being active takes up so much time!

I hope the offending sock has been removed now?
    Simone recently posted..Failing to plan…..