Post-Holiday Weekend Detox Made Easy

Soooo, about that thing I posted to my Facebook & Google+ this past Friday….

holiday weekend Post Holiday Weekend Detox Made Easy

…and now that the barbecuing, chacken wang-eatin’ and rib-smacking is done? Just move it right along.

Because really, there’s no time for stagnation brought on by guilt or a woe-is-me attitude. That’s only gonna slow you down.

If you indulged more than planned, look back on your holiday weekend to assess the situation only from the positive standpoint of “how can I do better next time”. Or heck, maybe you wanna look back on it to give yourself a hi-5, because: “Hell yeah! That shizz was goood!” (yep, that’s me)

I thoroughly enjoyed every last morsel of food I gnawed on. If you’re feeling a little bummed about your food choices, the best weekend detox you can do is to detox your mind. Flood it with positivity and focus for the sake of re-gaining a good attitude about your fitness.

What’s done is done, so let your thoughts be all about right now  — about getting back down to business for a successful week of healthyfication.

Detox yo’ mind, baby!

If instead you were searching for some state-of-the-art celebrity detox diets secrets, I do not apologize. You’re more likely to find pie-eating secrets all up in this place. Just sayin’.

Comments

1. True that! What’s done is past! Moving on is wise!
    Sheetal@mefatfree recently posted..A ‘Spa Pedicure’ in my future.

2. kita says:

Have you heard about the 10 day smoothie challenge? I am thinking about joining that cause after this weekend…..lawd hammercy
    kita recently posted..Whats in your handbag?

I haven’t heard of it, but now I’m drooling. I would maybe do something like that. Only thing is, my Ninja blender died (not talking about my Breville juicer) and the cheap one I bought is super ghetto. I need a new blender!

3. Marc says:

If I were the religious type, I’d invite my priest to the all you can eat BBQ. That way I could confess to the sin of gluttony during dessert and get past the guilt feelings before he left the backyard.
    Marc recently posted..What’s your motivation, goals? Kick some A_ _ !!!

I just conjured up a mental-visual of how that scenario would look. Priests everywhere would have a brand new business line: BBQ-confessions!

4. So true. Why get mired in the past? Move ahead and plan for today and the future. And I also truly appreciate the spelling lessons in your list!! hahahahah
    AlexandraFunFit recently posted..Honor the Isla Vista Murder Victims

Mis-read “spelling lessons” as “spelling lesions”, in which case I presume children everywhere must be sickened with lesions over their spelling homework. This is terrible.

5. StarvingDiva says:

Mmmmm Pie.

I like the mindset of moving on, if I overindulge on one meal I try not to make the entire day a waste, just make my next meal better.
    StarvingDiva recently posted..Memorial Day

Ya, move it right along to the next meal. And especially if that next meal is pie! no…wait.

Yes! The fact is, it’s okay to have these “fall off the wagon” days once in a while. Our bodies are more flexible than we think.
    mimi recently posted..The latest from Kittyville.

7. I just posted your post as a comment on another blog – move on – it is no big deal.. get back to normal life… 1 or eve 2 -3 days is not gonna kill us.. it is when i=you let it take over & never move on & get back to just eating like you did before…
    Jody – Fit at 56 recently posted..Gratitude Monday; Memorial Day; Beauty; Happy Bday

Plus- all that meat is good protein for all of the lifting and strength work!!!
    Kim recently posted..18 Years Ago

How I wish all those cookies I ate this weekend contained massive proteins. I’d have huge muscles by today.

9. LuckyMama says:

This is truly an awesome post.
    I think detoxing our mind may be more important than detoxing our food/body.
    You’re effing awesome Yummy!

10. Carla says:

and we so so so come here for the pie secrets anyway :-)

now I feel obligated to eat more pies so’s I can discover more secrets to share. This is important stuff.

11. Carla says:

I’ll take those pie eating secrets! I ate ribs, corn, baked beans and other yummy stuff. And now I just relish in the afterglow. :)
    Carla recently posted..Pinterest Tips and Tricks to Grow Your Blog

12. Hey, I totally agree
    It is awesome to be able to eat the right thing, but sometimes you just gotta get the bad stuff outta your mind. We all have weaknesses and do what we can|
    Mike
    Mike Fatburner Reviews recently posted..Green Coffee Bean Max Reviews: Can you really lose weight?