Sometimes I just feel like giving up.

…because no matter where I hide my secret stash of Honey Combs, my gremlin-kids sniff it out and find it anyways.

honey combs Sometimes I just feel like giving up.

Can’t have nothin’ to myself. Dang greedy peoples wanna eat up all my Honey Combs.

I… I just feel like giving up.

Do you feel my pain? I think you feel my pain.

Comments

1. Carla says:

I have no Honey Combs problems. Cheetos…that’s another story.
    Carla recently posted..Pinterest Tips and Tricks to Grow Your Blog

2. Cindy says:

I don’t have any greedy people eating my Honey Combs, but I did open the freezer to have one of my yummy Minute Maid frozen lemonade popsicles and the package was very light like it was empty. My popsicles melted and leaked all over the freezer. I not only get no frozen lemonade. I now have to defrost and clean the freezer.
    Cindy recently posted..Chick Magnet

Be very careful during defrost. It sounds like your fridge is haunted by the ghost of a greedy monstahhh.

3. The struggle is real…
    Nathan the FFK recently posted..Day 25: Wordless Wednesday Yo!

4. Barbara says:

All I can say is thank God above my kids don’t try to steal my coffee.

At least not yet. My oldest gremlins started trying to steal my hub’s coffee when they became teenagers. Just you wait. Bettah hide it now.

5. Tamara says:

I haven’t had Honey Combs in years! My husband steals my best granola, though.
    I’m hiding my Honey Combs when I inevitably buy them.
    Tamara recently posted..One Crazy, Wet & Wild, American Summer.

how dare you compare fancy granola to Honey Combs. You ‘best go out right now and buy yo’self some crappy cereal. Sheesh!

6. 444 says:

You need better hiding places. Take some Snickers bars, Open up a box of tissue, take all the tissues out, place Snickers bars in bottom of box, then replace half the tissue in the box, with one sticking out. You think kids will look for candy in there?

Also, I have a small bag of corn meal in the fridge, nearly gone. No one looks in there. Place small candy bars in there, roll up the top, put in on the bottom shelf of the door with the other ignored ingredients no one uses. Your stash will be safe! Also… take a big box of green tea, high in the pantry off to one side… You get the idea!
    444 recently posted..General, all-purpose, non-specific update

7. I’m glad I’m not the only one who hides food from the family! I have a hiding place for my box of cereal (behind the box that holds our Tupperware), mini candy bars (in the salad spinner), Trader Joe’s PB&J chocolate bar (condiments area on the fridge door), etc. If you come to my house, y’all can come sneak some treats with me!
    Jessica @ Blog-Inspired Cooking recently posted..Our Garden’s Progress

8. Cassandre says:

thank the good lord my daughter is still to young (though she’s getting there) with finding my food stashes, but my husband now is another story and will find and eat everything.. lol
    Cassandre recently posted..It’s Never Too Late To… Learn How to Swim

9. One more reason why I hate kids — especially yours ;-)

Learn to love kale, and you’ll never have this problem again! (grin)

Yes, my kids will find and eat anything that isn’t very cleverly hidden, such as in a seldom used pot on the pots and pans shelf. You know, the huge gumbo pot in the back that you only use a couple of times a month.
    mimi recently posted..Out Of My Ordinary

I’m with Carla – it’s the Cheetos that I hide (or eat while they are at school!).
    Kim recently posted..Asian Shrimp Noodles

They can have the HoneyComb. Just don’t touch the Honey Bunches of Oats!
    Coco recently posted..Enjoying The Best Truffles In Brussels

I could never get down with the Honey Bunches of Oats. I tried & I tried. It seems way too healthy compared to Honey Combs. I need to my cereals to be complete & utter junk.

• 444 says:

No Honey Comb for me. It’s Froot Loops, or better yet, Lucky Charms, or better yet, Cap’n Crunch Berry or even PB Crunch if I’m going to eat junk cereal.

I have Cap’n Crunch at home right now. Froot Loops, too, but I can’t seem to nosh on the Loops any longer. It gave me a crushing headache the last 3 times after eating it. I suppose I could try again and see what happens, but I’m thinking crappy-wonderful, tasty-artificial power of the Loops is way too potent for me. I haz sad because of it. Me thinks I need a hug now.

13. LuckyMama says:

pfffttt…my greedy gremlin is 53 years old….ALWAYS eating my pork rinds….pig…
    At least your gremlins aren’t bald!

14. GiGi Eats says:

My mom NEVER EVER had that stuff in the house – so I would always PLOW through my friend’s houses… Which was fine for my mom, cause she never had to see it! LOL!
    GiGi Eats recently posted..The Ryan Jolie Smoothie

15. Dr. J says:

Nothing will ever equal Frosted Flakes!! They’re..well you know :-)

16. StarvingDiva says:

If we are strictly sticking to cereal it would be Lucky Charms. But damn if your first poster didn’t get me wanting some Cheetos.
    StarvingDiva recently posted..Memorial Day

dang it! Now I want Cheetos all over again. As for those Lucky Charms, I have some at home right now. muwwahhaahaaaa!!!!

17. emmaclaire says:

In the bathroom, under the feminine hygiene products. NOBODY goes there :-) Just sayin’

I feel your pain. My hubs keeps eating all my granola…I went to have some this morning and it was all nibbled, with the empty box put back.
    Yep. It wasn’t pretty…

19. Deb says:

Lol I can’t say I have this struggle, but oh how the comments too are making me laugh! Maybe catching up on my blog reading while the man sleeps next to me was not the best idea!
    Deb recently posted..Saturday Day TWO Not The Greatest

20. Saginaw Mike says:

Josette, wilk say once more, as one of your few guy remarkers here, you can make all the funny faces but you still are pretty. Now back to the topic. At the local discount mart, Sav-A-Lot (do not know if Sav-A-Lot is out by the Coast) a Honeycomb knockoff made by Malt-O-Meal, Honeybuzz or Honeycrisp or something, is sold in huge bags for only $3.49. Like getting three boxes. Plus, you just have to wait for the family to grow up and move out. In my situ, it is not the wife eating up as much as her throwing out, cuz thinks everything is stale.

21. oh my gosh, I haven’t had honeycombs since I was a kid. My kids love my skinny cow though. smh. greedy kids!
    Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama recently posted..5 Easy Tips for Picking the Perfect Running Shoe

22. blackhuff says:

I feel it you pain ….
    blackhuff recently posted..Recently started

23. Aqiyl Aniys says:

What are Honey Combs and Cheetos? :)
    Aqiyl Aniys recently posted..Black Seed – Nigella Sativa – The Treat All Traditional Medicine

24. Brenda says:

hahaha oh no, now you are left with the apples and pears ;) always think on the positive side :)) I learned a lot about it in this book I bought on amazon “The Eggplant Diet: how to lose 10 pounds in 10 days”. You would never suffer again cause of your honey combs haha

25. Simone says:

Ahhh totally feel your pain!! Love the pics….ha ha

Even veggies I make, hubby will be like: ‘why don’t I get any of the good veggies you made for yourself?’. Lol…I very reluctantly dish up some for him even though it was supposed to be for my lunch the next day. Oi vey.
    Simone recently posted..Failing to plan…..

26. Leslie says:

My husband and I have a very clear understanding, leave my food alone and nobody gets hurt!!!!
    Leslie recently posted..Day 3: Operation Lose 75 pounds without giving up corn dogs!!!

27. I agree, you just need a better hiding spot. I say a box of Grapenuts or Kashi. Empty it and put the Honey-Combs in there. No kid wants Grapenuts! Most adults don’t either =p
    John @ Garage Gyms recently posted..Best Exercise Equipment on a Budget for a Garage Gym

The Grapenuts and Kashi boxes are epics idea. May even use a store brand Puffed Wheat box. hehehe (sinister)