Advanced Tricep Dips Quickie

You know how I like to keep it simple, yet kick yo’ ass at the same time. Today will be no different. You’re gonna feel this all up in the Tricepticus region of your arms. Now let’s git to it…

…thank you for subscribing to YumYucky’s YouTube channel! xoxo

WORKOUT BREAKDOWN

• 10 Tricep dips
  • 10-count static hold at the top of the move
  • 10 Tricep dips

All of the above counts as one set. Challenge yourself to complete the entire set with no rest.

If you’re not yet advanced with your Triceps dips, or you’re just feeling too damn lazy to lift your legs onto a chair or bench, simply keep your feet planted on the floor.

If you feel any pain beyond the muscle burn or start losing your form, take a quick break before getting right back to it. To advancify the dips even further, set a weighted plate or dumbbell on your thighs.

tricepticus Advanced Tricep Dips Quickie

Newsflash: I’m putting the finishing touches on the upcoming, free Intermittent Fasting ebook. Keep your eyeballs peeled!

Comments

1. blackhuff says:

These are some advance tricep dips here. Freakin well done woman.
    blackhuff recently posted..Why I choose men as training partners

2. Saginaw Mike says:

Wow! No way could I do that whole set, at least not on a first attempt. And did you say you were doing multiple sets? Main goal anyway here is simply to lose some gut; muscle is a whole ‘nuther level. My meek arm exercises will come from pushing a non self-propelled lawnmower. But Holy Crap, Josie, you are good. Much respect/admiration. Still, must have been tiring, even for you, cuz in your funny joke at the end about lifting forks you have a singular stomach instead of your standard two stomachs.

Mike, I had to do 3 takes of that video, so ya, it totally killed me. But you know what? Pushing through those 3 video takes proved to me that I have more in the tank than previously thought. I’m going to be challenging myself a bit more in workouts now. But it’s all good because the harder I train, the more I can EAT!

• Saginaw Mike says:

In my minor league way, you so far am helping. Am sagging at waistline in my old jeans, but you are right bout muscles too. Wifey’s 50-lb. mulch bags in car trunk should not seem so heavy. Laff: We have Chinese immigrant neighbors who do not seem to have time to mow their lawn cuz they are overwhelmed running their new restaurant nearby. The lady was trying to mow thru an 8-inch lawn and Denise saw this, felt sorry, and called upon me to get off the potato couch and rescue. So that was MY arm muscle exercise the other day. Was crying to myself like you in this video. Then discovered the front wheels of their mower were set low, and the rear high. Correcting this helped, but still……..

LOL @ those mower wheels. It was good of you to help them, Mike. Now get over here an mow mine lawn, too. It’s the son’s job to do it, but he sucks at it.

3. Carla says:

PEELED AND READY TO HELP PROMOTE!!!
    Carla recently posted..KURGO Tru-Fit harness and Quantum Leash review.

Your reference to PEELED has me thinking about (and wanting) peeled garlic. I know…weird, right? I’m on a fresh garlic kick at the moment. Hope it never ends.

4. Aqiyl Aniys says:

Bahahahahahahaha, I am crying over here!!!!! Your video is hilarious!!!! The tricep isolation exercise is totally awesome. I used to do this exercise so much my triceps became like little chiseled rocks on the back of my arms. Keep up your awesome work.

I am still laughing!!!
    Aqiyl Aniys recently posted..Study Shows Black Seed Cured HIV Patient

5. Josie, you’re so fab! Look at you in your shortie shorts, looking awesome! Fit and toned, mama!

Gotta say, I’m way too lazy to do that! I should really get into some body weight exercises like these dips and some pushups. I’m finding pushups way too hard in my Core Fusion (Pilates) class on Saturday mornings.

Keep it up, I love your inspiration!
    Jessica
    Jessica @ Blog-Inspired Cooking recently posted..Ruby Spring: Honey-Roasted Rhubarb Sauce

Hey Jessica! You better git on those pushups, woman! Don’t make me come over there… (but if I do haz come over, can you cook me dinner(s)???)

6. CindyB says:

I do the dip now but, in my own special way! With heels on the floor and hands on the bench I go down 3 or 4 inches and then I start grunting and yelling ’cause I have no change direction and go back up. So then I go down to the floor, roll over and stand up and that’s one. Then assume the position again.
    CindyB recently posted..Women Over 40

That sounds like a good enough dip to me! Everybody’s gotta start somewhere. Now carry on with the grunting. It burns extra calories.

7. Trice says:

Looking good! Oh how I hate dips!

8. This is awesome, it doesn’t take long for the burn to start at all!
    Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama recently posted..Littlest Pet Shop Premiere & A Fun Day In Times Square

You know that’s right, Nellie. And the next day after this exercise, I also felt the good kind of soreness in my upper back!

9. JUst did these with weight plates on my lap this morn!!! :)
    Jody – Fit at 56 recently posted..On Biceps & Being an Expert

Anything that helps bring bigger payload on the fork is worth telling my Sweetie about. He’s all for bigger servings, moved more efficiently mouthward!
    mimi recently posted..MomAndPop Store

Speaking of payloads, it’s a holiday weekend. I’ll be bringing on the feeding frenzy in full force!! (enjoy your weekend)

11. I felt this all the way into my Velociraptorus muscles.
    KymberlyFunFit recently posted..DietBetter: 4 percent Weight Loss in 4 weeks

OUCH!!!
    I thought you were going to do that 10 second static hold 10x and I was going to say “NO way!!!” I’m going to do dips with my feet up like that soon – why not make a hard move harder, I guess! Thanks for sharing!
    Kim recently posted..School’s Out for the Summer!!

13. cursor says:

Your Triceps directions are easily to follow. I have not be using triceps until when I read your post. It is very fun to me. Thanks
    cursor recently posted..How To Boost Low Energy Level

You’ve got some serious arms! I need to up my triceps game!
    Coco recently posted..My Running Bucket List

15. Carla says:

You are killing me just watching!
    Carla recently posted..The Skinny: May 2014

16. Mike says:

What a crazy triceps workout! I often have trouble working my triceps hard enough. Especially with body weight. This is a great tip! thanks
    Mike recently posted..Shapeshifter Yoga Reviews: Is the Hype True?