Flat Abs Meal Planning Ideas

Now that the Easter eating-fest is over (yes, that’s what happened), my time of grazing on delectable high calorie goodness like a hungry bison roaming wild on the range must also come to an end. This is my new, favorite flat abs meal:

Grilled chicken & sauteed greens with garlic over a bed of spaghetti squash.

spaghetti squash Flat Abs Meal Planning Ideas

It’s been prepped, packed for several day’s worth, and ready for eating as my very first meal during each day of intermittent fasting. So easy to make, pack and gnaw on for the acquisition or maintenance a great mid-section. My mother showed me the ease of making this. It’s one of those loosey-goosey recipes you just throw together without measuring — cook it up with your own personal artistic flare.

Directions: season & grill your chicken breast as the spaghetti squash bakes for approximately 50 minutes. Prior to serving, sautee’ spinach (or your favorite mixed greens) with fresh garlic and olive oil. Put everything together real pretty on a plate, add salt & pepper, and then chew.

FLAT ABS MEAL PLANNING IDEAS

Don’t complicate your meals. Keep it simple with basic combinations of protein, veggies and healthy carbs. Here are the staple food items I stick to during the week (for eating during the day):

• Protein: tilapia, chicken breast, edamame, whole eggs
  • Healthy Fats: coconut & olive oils
  • Healthy Carbs: brown rice, sweet potatoes
  • Afternoon Snacks: eggo smathered in raw honey & bee pollen, or one small square of milk chocolate
  • Evening Snack: cereal… awww yeah!

And for dinner? I eat what my family eats, whether it be a chicken & rice, pork chops, BLTs or grilled cheese. It’s no big deal.

I’m pretty much a straight shooter with the meal planning. I don’t leave a lot of room for crappy junk food that’s not worth it. Instead, room is left for weekend noshing on things are worth it, like French toast & sausage, greedy pizza slices and ice cream.

Feed your stomach the food planning ideas listed above, or add your own healthy favorites to each category for more tasty flat abs combos. Please whine to me in the comments if you’re feeling justifiably too lazy to cook anything up. I will food teleport you a sample meal. BOOM!

Comments

1. YUM! Sounds like a great recipe. I never think of spaghetti squash, gotta keep that in mind!

Your diet philosophy is so similar to mine –avoid the junk that doesn’t even taste that great, keep to the healthy stuff for regular meals, and then save the extra calories to wallow in totally decadent delicious stuff that there is no healthy substitution for, and really enjoy it! My only problem is I’ve been taking a little too much wallow-time lately while traveling, but that’s pretty damn predictable and I’m almost glad to be back to less insane gluttony and better choices again.
    crabby mcslacker recently posted..When Fitness Doesn’t Suck at All

Simple is better, you have a good guide here.
    mimi recently posted..A to Z Challenge: r is for rEcess

3. I love almost all squash. The one exception – spaghetti squash. But at least I love tilapia & greens. And garlic. And unicorns and rainbows.
    AlexandraFunFit recently posted..Do You Have a Stuck Metabolism?

4. greg randolph says:

Thanks still working loo on the body!!
    Lossed 22 pounds so far!!!

5. Tamara says:

Aw..yeah to cereal as an evening snack. Which are your favorites?
    Loving the flat abs ideas.
    Tamara recently posted..I Got A Room At The Top Of The World Tonight.

looks awesome – I could eat some type of salad every day during the spring and summer!!!
    Kim recently posted..Smile and the World Smiles with You

7. saginaw mike says:

always so funny. at least in your lede-in, you did not describe your Easter self as a “hungry heffer” (or “heifer?”) grazing on the range.

8. GiGi Eats says:

Yes – Spaghetti Squash
    Yes – Chicken
    Yes – Garlicky Greens
    Yes – Coconut Oil
    NO – TILAPIA! (ha ha aha! If you recall my video about this FRANKENFISH! lol)
    GiGi Eats recently posted..This Recipe is ALL ME!

9. blackhuff says:

Like the recipes you share here. Hydration is important. Pass the water please.
    blackhuff recently posted..Coach my inspiration

10. CarlaIsWeird says:

I so so so could could could eat that all day every day!!

11. Not to be sacrilegious (you know I’m not!), but I’ve been thinking lately that my diet needs a resurrection. These are great ideas to start.
    Coco (@Got2Run4Me) recently posted..Back In The Saddle

12. That looks fantastic!! I don’t eat chicken but I think I can do without?? My hubby would love the chicken though.
    Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama recently posted..Safe Kids Day New York 2014 Presented By Children’s Tylenol

13. KalleyC says:

I love all squash! This recipe looks so yummy. I know it has to be the spinach that makes it look so good! (BTW– great photo! I love how the colors pop!)
    KalleyC recently posted..Are We Over Sharing?

14. LuckyMama says:

I recently discovered spaghetti squash. I LOVE it!!!
    Tilapia? Ehh…not so much. It’s such a boring fish to me.

Once I get this weight off, I hope to have yours and Crabby’s philosophy on food and eating.

15. StarvingDiva says:

I have never tried Spaghetti Squash but I’m always tempted too…I just recently started eating Butternut Squash.
    StarvingDiva recently posted..A Day Late and a Dollar Short

16. I am so going to have to try the spaghetti squash!!

17. Truly loved the kind of balance you have maintained in you diet plan. It seems to be a balanced diet because it has carbs,proteins, fats, veggies etc. And one special thing i need to mention here is that you did not miss being hydrated. Because that is one of the most important thing to be remembered. Proper hydration is ever needed.This is how our diet should be. Worth reading dear…. :)
    Surya Tejaswini recently posted..21 Health benefits of Quinoa

18. Sassyinkpen says:

You said you have several days worth all ready and packed – were you referring to the chicken and squash? And does that mean you have several ready to go meals all set? I’m asking because I’m looking for good recipes for meal prep, and wondering how this one reheats, or how you do it? (The recipe says saute the greens right before serving, but I know lots of greens reheat pretty well)

Hi Sassy. Yes, I cook and then pack everything together in one super-larger container (chicken, squash and greens), and then scoop out what I want into a smaller container for that day. It reheats like a charm. Yes, I do pre-cook the greens before packing. I’m finding that squash works out better if eaten within 2 days. I’ve gone 3-4 days out, but it does becoming more watery by day 4. Thank you for your questions!