Lower Body Burnout Set

Leg day accomplished? Excuse me, but you ain’t finished yet. Tack this burnout set onto the end of your leg day routine. It’ll only take a few minutes. A burnout set will put the Oooo in your Ahhhh and keep you on the fast(er) track to transforming ‘dem legs and ‘dat booty.

LOWER BODY BURNOUT SET (complete one round)

• 10 slow, deep squats with 2-second pause on the low end
  • 20 alternating curtsey lunges
  • 15 static lunge low-end pulses (left leg)
  • 15 static lunge low-end pulses (right leg)

Time under tension and proper form is key. Don’t perform these exercises too fast or rely on momentum. Keep it slow, controlled, and focus on the tension on the low end.

• For more of a challenge: Add a dumbbell or kettelbell.
  • To make it a full workout: Complete 3 rounds instead of one.
  • To make it a hybrid workout: Add 20 pushups onto the end of each round, or use this burnout set as a mini leg workout before hitting upper body.

Good Reading: 9 Steps to Building Beautiful Female Muscle

…and don’t forget to S-T-R-E-T-C-H!!!

stretching Lower Body Burnout Set

Comments

1. I bet the HUBS loves your flexibility! ;)
    GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted..Asparagus: Aroused By Spring

2. Allie says:

Love the stretch on the washing machine. It really is the perfect height for that!
    Can’t say I love this lower body blast. Mine already feels blasted. Maybe I’ll give this to my class tonight…. ;-)
    Allie recently posted..Two Out of Three ‘Aint Bad – NYC Half Race Recap!

Well you know what they say: “If the legs & ass is already blasted, then give it to the class!!”
      Ummm, isn’t that what they say???

It’s obvious from the picture of the stretch that you practice what you preach!
    mimi recently posted..What Little Girl is Up To Lately

4. LuckyMama says:

WOW…you’ve got beautiful walking appendages!!! I can only aspire!!!

Oh – I should start doing this after my runs – really fatigue my legs!! Love it!
    Kim recently posted..Learning to Let Go

6. Wait, you’re supposed to add this to the END of another leg workout?

You crazy, girl! In a kick-ass kinda way.
    crabby mcslacker recently posted..Giveaway: Rick Hanson’s Hardwiring Happiness and The FBG’s Anti-Diet Book!

7. And now I have a new workout AND another use for my washing machine! If that gets too easy, you can put the detergent under your raised foot for a challenge. Back in the day when I did gymnastics and practiced splits, you would put blocks under your feet to deepen the stretch. :) Fun fun, I know.
    Kimberly (Manifest Yourself) recently posted..Week 5, Day ? on T25

In a perfect world I’d be able to throw all dished in washing machine and forget about it. Where is this technology??

Block under the feet, you say? I always wondered how those girls got so stretchy!

8. Hey Josie, I always get so happy to see your posts come up in my Feedly blog reader and I always make time to read them even if I’m rarely ready to activate into beast-mode.

And I LOVE that you are just a regular gal with a regular house rather than the impossible standards I feel I don’t match up to that I see in other blogs/Pinterest (amazing photos of a fabulously decorated house with lots of expensive stuff, perfectly done hair and makeup, great clothes, wonderful crafts, perfectly styled food items, etc.). So I’m happy to see your couch in the background of your workout videos or like today, stretching on the washing machine. You’re my type of gal! Thank you for being real!
    Jessica @ Blog-Inspired Cooking recently posted..Menu Plan: Week of March 17

Hey Jessica. I really appreciate your comment. I feel the same way sometimes about the perfect houses and perfect people on the interwebs. Luckily, I do happen to be perfect at the art of fro-ing down on desserts, which makes my life complete. ;)

9. I made a video at the gym today of me stretching but it did not come out – I guess for another day! :)
    Jody – Fit at 56 recently posted..What Having the Flu Taught Me

10. That Guy... says:

Sweet Jesus! hat is all…

11. I already feel the burn and I am only thinking about it!
    Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama recently posted..Weekly Wednesday Workout: Side Lying Hip Abduction

12. Carla says:

Um
    I COULD SOOOOOOO LOOK LIKE YOU STRETCHING if youd move in with me and PRESS LIKE A MUTHA on my back?
    Carla recently posted..Two steps to a bathing suit body!

LOL! Yes, I will press on yo’ back like a mutha. But only if you feed me snacks afterward, Carla. No wait, I need snacks beforehand, too.

13. Well transform them! Like the other commenters said, the husband must love this side of you!
    Joi @ Rx Fitness Lady recently posted..Go Where the Fire is, NOT Where You Wish it Would Be

14. blackhuff says:

Today is leg day for me. Going to add these :) Beware little legs ;)
    blackhuff recently posted..My session with two people stronger and more fit than me.

15. KalleyC says:

Look at you stretch girl, not only have I found a new use for my washing machine, I can finally do two things at once–wash the clothes and stretch! Genius! :-) I love how resourceful you are!
    KalleyC recently posted..5 Reasons Why I Stopped Consuming The News