Tiny Indulgences Meal Plan

Since I’ve got all this food information trapped inside my cranium, ’tis best I brain-dump it all for your benefit. Why? Because friends don’t let friends skip out on meal planning….

The theme of this sample plan is TINY INDULGENCES…

Just because you love to indulge doesn’t mean you have to be all woe-is-me ‘n stuff. I’m a big believer in the truth that you can have your pie and eat it, too. Although pie isn’t featured in this particular plan, I’ll be damned if you don’t get to indulge, my friend.

Breakfast

• 1/2 cup oats cooked in water or almond milk. Use raisins or Stevia to sweeten (stay away from the table sugar and artificial sweeteners). Add cinnamon, if desired.
  • 2 strips bacon

Snack

• 10-14 Marcona Almonds Tiny Indulgences Meal Plan (they are sooo good)
  • 1-2 cups hot tea of your choice with Stevia to sweeten

tea spill Tiny Indulgences Meal Plan

Lunch

• Grilled Chicken Caesar salad (no croutons, no Parmesean). Go easy on the dressing.
  • 1-2 squares Milka Chocolate Tiny Indulgences Meal Plan (the best EVER!)

milka Tiny Indulgences Meal Plan

Pre-Dinner Snack Attack

• Baby carrots

Dinner

Evening Snack (optional)

• Greek yogurt or small bowl of cereal

The focus here is sensible eating while enjoying tiny indulgences that won’t wreck your day. This plan promotes minimal carbs (essential for flat abs!) and maximum hydration with the inclusion of the tea slurping.

Let me know if you like this sample plan and I’ll post more in themes in the near future, such as the Muscle Building Meal Plan and Quick Slimdown Meal Plan. BOOYAH!

Comments

1. Tamara says:

I eat so similarly, and I find that the small indulgences don’t wreck my day at all. They kinda make it sometimes!
    Tamara recently posted..Wait, What? Is This a Dream?

2. Valerie says:

Love this idea. You are entertaining.

I do need to cut down on the sugar content a wee bit. Sugar and weight loss (for me) are incompatible. I guess indulgence doesn’t HAVE TO include sugar?

I’m curious about the Muscle Building Meal Plan.
    Valerie recently posted..Questions About The Free Weight Loss Ebook – How To Lose At Least 20 Pounds In 1 Month

“Sugar & weight loss”. Those two can co-exist!! I promise! It’s a systemic journey to reach that place, however. But it can be done. You can do it!

3. Carla says:

next a tiny book titled TINY INDULGENCES which becomes a huge YumYucky best seller?
    Carla recently posted..I don’t believe in willpower.

A good way to keep yourself from going insane with deprivation. While i’ve now forgotten the citation, a recent study showed that a small indulgence, followed by 15 minutes of doing something else as a distraction, like filing paperwork, left people feeling as satisfied with their portion as those who were given a larger serving and nothing to do after.
    mimi recently posted..Not that i’m superstitious…

5. Cindy says:

Now this is a menu I could actually live with. As a person that grew up on junk food and large portions it really helps me to see how other people eat and also see that I can have a few indulgences that I am used to. Portion sizes is a big problem for me so I added piles of lettuce or vegetables to everything I make. I also have discovered soup as it will keep me busy and out of trouble for a while giving my brain time to figure out I am full.
    Cindy recently posted..Canadian Goddess vs Pink Wonder Woman for a Good Cause!

Hi Cindy. I’m totally with ya on the soup slurping. It’s so easy to make & pack, and you can really get a tasty dish going that’s loaded with healthy veggies ‘n stuff. This winter we’ve been making homemade chicken noodle and also beef barley. weeeeeee!!!

I think all of my tiny indulgences will be in the form of carbs – I tried the low carb thing once and it wasn’t pretty!!! (maybe it was mental but….)
    Kim recently posted..Dallas Buyers Club and The Biggest Loser

7. I am doing something similar!
    Sheetal@mefatfree recently posted..30 day Shred Challenge— AGAIN!

8. New follower here. Cannot wait to read about your journey.

9. Allie says:

Once again, you are speaking volumes of truth here! I usually indulge in a couple squares of dark chocolate after dinner or in the afternoon if I’m feeling dangerous ;-) My husband always laughs at me for having such a tiny amount of dessert but it works for me.
    Allie recently posted..Raising Boys vs Girls: Guest Post

10. Miss Josie! Have you ever tried making your oatmeal ahead of time? It makes a smaller amount of oats go MUCH further. I make a several-days-worth big batch of Sonny D’s chocolate oatmeal the night before in a ceramic Corelle bowl in the microwave (and leave it sit overnight) or my own batch of 5 servings of steel-cut oats in the slow cooker overnight. If you’ve ever heard of the ‘growing bowl of oats” concept from Hungry Girl, it’s the same result. The oats have more time to hydrate and so they get so much bigger, and bigger is more filling! I need more than a tiny, piddly amount of food and this is _totally_ satisfying.

For a single serving, I put 1/4 cup of oats in a tall cereal bowl (to prevent boil-overs), add about 3x as much water, toss in a tablespoon of whatever ‘extra’ I want (bran, flax seed meal, hemp seeds, chia seeds, wheat germ, etc.) along with a sprinkle of cinnamon and microwave for a minute. Stir, and microwave for another minute. Then let sit in the microwave overnight. By starting to cook it like that, you start it hydrating right away. By morning, it should be quite big and you might need to add more water to get it to the texture you like (I like mine pretty solid). I reheat it for another minute, add fresh/frozen/dried fruit or other extras (chopped nuts, peanut butter, other spices like cardamom, grape-nuts for texture, etc.) and pour on a topper of creamer and almond milk.

You can also add in other grains at the beginning like rolled rye flakes, quinoa, other hot cereals blends like Bob’s Red Mill or Red River hot cereal, etc.

When I make my oatmeal, I divide it up into single serving containers and keep them in the fridge. For Sonny D’s chocolate oats, I put it into my silicone muffin pan and freeze since i don’t know if he’s going to want cereal or oats each morning, might as well keep them frozen and ready.

If you want chocolate oatmeal, add 1/2 tablespoon (a.k.a. 1.5 teaspoons) cocoa powder for each 1/4 cup of oats. My current favorite chocolate version is chocolate-covered raisins, where I throw in a handful of raisins. So super good! I also like Mayan chocolate oatmeal, which has a sprinkle of cayenne and cinnamon.

Oh my, I could talk about oatmeal all day!
    Jessica @ Blog-Inspired Cooking recently posted..Menu Plan: Week of February 17

11. misszippy says:

I love this type of approach and use it myself. And have you tried the Trader Joe’s Marcona Almonds w/ rosemary? They are crack. Absolute crack.
    misszippy recently posted..My current state of running

12. I plan for things that I like & want like my healthy breads rather than say the bacon or chocolate. Of course I have my treat cookies on the weekend & I do save for a little treat at night – maybe healthy animal cookies form Trader Joes – it is all portion control though. :)
    Jody – Fit at 56 recently posted..Help for Snack Attacks! Healthy Snacking GIVEAWAY!!

13. Alex says:

I love your sample meal plan. It’s my first time coming across those almonds you have in it – so I looked them up. Must you stick to 10 – 14 of them or can you safely eat more than that?
    Alex recently posted..6 Simple Maca Root Health Benefits

Hi Alex. I checked the serving size on my almond jar. It’s 26 pieces of almonds per serving for 170 calories. I tend to eat less almonds because they’re pretty filling and I want to be careful not to eat too many since they’re easy to just keep popping. Although almonds are high calorie, they also deliver healthy fats and protein!

14. blackhuff says:

I can’t do daily tiny indulgences like these in the meal plan due to the fact that it makes me fall off the wagon. For some reason I crave more fattening or sugary foods if I indulge more than twice a week. I usually have something on Wednesday evening and Saturday evening. More than that, I can’t. I think it comes from being obese and having treats daily.
    blackhuff recently posted..Wednesday training: Strength improving & increasing of protein intake.

15. Fiona says:

Great meal plan!
    I also share the opinion about having your pie and eating it too, and I really hate seeing how people beat themselves up over tiny indulgences, saying they’ve ‘cheated on their diets’ and such. It really is okay to have whatever you feel like eating every once in a while, but don’t make it a cheat when what it really is is a choice. (I read this somewhere and it kinda stuck with me)
    Thanks for sharing, have a great day!
    Fiona recently posted..Should You Buy Facelift Gym?

Hi Fiona. Thanks for chiming in. It’s great that we share the same philosophy. And ya know what? I’ve been good all week. Might treat myself to some PIE this weekend! ((winks))

16. anderson says:

think you for this post, i like it
    anderson recently posted..Tips to Find Quick Weight Loss Program

17. haaikung says:

Thanks for the good advice Fun is the impulse to reduce my weight and others which I will put this advice to use.