Just in case you’re wondering about the effectiveness of this workout…
Speed rope drills and kettlebell swings are one helluva full body, fat melting workout. You ready to transform your pretty face into a prize winning mug shot that’ll make you look like your were beat with an ugly stick? Then let’s get to it…
GRAB YOUR EQUIPMENT
Complete this circuit twice through:
- 8 rounds speed rope (20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest)
- 20 kettlebell swings
- 10 upright row (left arm)
- 10 upright row (right arm)
- 10 deep squat into overhead press
TARGET AREAS: Speed rope intervals are an excellent fat burner. Kettlebells are killer cardio, and do wonder for transforming the legs, booty & abs.
TRAINING TIPS AND MODIFICATIONS
- If you don’t have a kettlebell, don’t let that stop you. Use you a dumbbell instead.
- If you don’t have a speed rope, don’t let that stop you either. Grab your “invisible” speed rope.
- Stay light on the balls of your feet during speed rope.
- During KB swings, push through the heels (don’t lean forward onto toes) and snap hips forward. The momentum garnered to swing the KB should come from the power of your legs and hips, not your arms.
- Adjust weight for the upright rows, if necessary.
- Try to squat as deep as possible (so long as comfortable) and power through the legs & butt as you go for the overhead raise. Keep a good grip on the weight. Don’t let it fall on your head, for goodness sake!
Be sure to refuel properly when you’re done. Get in some protein & healthy carbs, and hydrate well. Your body is gonna need it!