Speed Rope Drills and Kettlebell Workout

Just in case you’re wondering about the effectiveness of this workout…

before after workout Speed Rope Drills and Kettlebell Workout
Speed rope drills and kettlebell swings are one helluva full body, fat melting workout. You ready to transform your pretty face into a prize winning mug shot that’ll make you look like your were beat with an ugly stick? Then let’s get to it…

GRAB YOUR EQUIPMENT

THE WORKOUT

Complete this circuit twice through:

• 8 rounds speed rope (20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest)
  • 20 kettlebell swings
  • 10 upright row (left arm)
  • 10 upright row (right arm)
  • 10 deep squat into overhead press

TARGET AREAS: Speed rope intervals are an excellent fat burner. Kettlebells are killer cardio, and do wonder for transforming the legs, booty & abs.

TRAINING TIPS AND MODIFICATIONS

• If you don’t have a kettlebell, don’t let that stop you. Use you a dumbbell instead.
  • If you don’t have a speed rope, don’t let that stop you either. Grab your “invisible” speed rope.
  • Stay light on the balls of your feet during speed rope.
  • During KB swings, push through the heels (don’t lean forward onto toes) and snap hips forward. The momentum garnered to swing the KB should come from the power of your legs and hips, not your arms.
  • Adjust weight for the upright rows, if necessary.
  • Try to squat as deep as possible (so long as comfortable) and power through the legs & butt as you go for the overhead raise. Keep a good grip on the weight. Don’t let it fall on your head, for goodness sake!

Be sure to refuel properly when you’re done. Get in some protein & healthy carbs, and hydrate well. Your body is gonna need it!

Like me on Facebook

Stalk me on Instagram

Comments

1. Carla says:

I SO SO SO SO SO WANT my own speed ropes, too.
    Carla recently posted..I am Carla Birnberg.

Maybe this will help me work off my frustration, as i’m stuck again at Little Girl’s school, waiting for someone to bother to give me the time of day.
    mimi recently posted..Aww Monday: Monday the 13th Cutie

That looks kick ass. When I get my groove back I wanna try this :)

4. Marcia says:

Pure awesomeness! I just went shopping for a heavier kettlebell and got a rain check. Boo.

5. That looks fun! And by “fun” I mean I’d rather stab my eye out with a red hot poker.
    But good on ya’ for kickin ass and doing the whole thing.
    crabby mcslacker recently posted..Fitbit Force Review

Looks awesome (and by awesome I mean I can’t wait to try it!!).
    PS – I love Crabby M!!
    Kim recently posted..Great Weekend Reads

7. Crabby is hilarious!!! You rock it all Josie – so impressed wit all your home workouts!!!!
    Jody – Fit at 56 recently posted..Gratitude & So Much Gratitude Below!

8. blackhuff says:

One day, when my back aren’t giving me anymore problems I will certainly try the Kettlebell workouts. For now, I need to leave them out.
    Love the last tip about nutrition because this workout of yours are going to put one’s body through it’s max :) Drill Sergeant.
    blackhuff recently posted..I hope for this when I start training with coach Will