Jump Squat Variations for Booty and Legs

Spice up yo’ life. Ready to break out of the regular ‘ole squat routine? Here are two jump squat variations for enhanced booty & leg development, plus cardio endurance…

If you’re into the Challenges I’ve been throwing at ya, pay close attention to this video demo. These squat variations will be included in future Challenge workouts!

180 JUMP SQUAT

Power through your legs and core to jump while turning completely around 180 degrees as you land, squat and reach with your left arm simultaneously. Repeat the same as you power back around again 180 degrees while reaching with the opposite arm. Land light on your feet and keep the squat phase in good form — booty back and knees do not go over toes. Although you will lean forward slightly on the squat, keep your back straight. No hunching over.

TOUCHDOWN SQUAT

Squat low and wide, then jump up with feet together and back down again into squat position. Touchdown into each squat with alternating arms. The entire sequence should flow with no stops in-between. Keep your core engaged for the jump up onto the balls of your feet. Land light into the squat with feet slightly angled outward. Same as with the 180 degree jump squat, no hunching or rounding your back.

Push through any rough spots this week. Keep the commitments you make to yourself and witness the awesomeness that follows. XO!

Like me on Facebook

Stalk me on Instagram

Comments

1. These are some very good exercises for legs and glutes. Another good one to add are kettlebell swings. Those are some of my favorites!

-Kolby
    Smallwaistsystem.Com

2. Allie says:

I’ve never met a jump squat I didn’t like and these are no exception! Great form too – nicely done. I’ll be adding the 180 to my Wed night class this week. I can hear the groans already.
    Allie recently posted..The Rundown

Love your style, especially your dance style! These i will begin to practice today, and how did you know i was bored with regular old squats?
    mimi recently posted..Al-flippin’-ready?!!!

4. Lisa says:

These will DEFINITELY get your glutes singing!

5. NO way I am trying that last move – I am not a dancer for sure! ;)
    Jody – Fit at 56 recently posted..Earbuds, Earclips, Music Listening Comfort while You Work Out

Love the finale!!! I think 180-jump squats are brutal!!! Maybe I should do them a little more often!!!
    Kim recently posted..Do Clothes “Make” Us?

7. You are an animal Yum Yucky. And I don’t mean some little ole hamster either!
    KymberlyFunFit recently posted..Look Younger and Thinner Instantly with Better Posture

8. Cassandre says:

I love all variations of squats.. that is one exercise that I always feel the immediate effects.. jump squats are no joke but so effective.
    Cassandre recently posted..Martin Luther King Jr Day and a “Happy” Music Monday

9. Nadine says:

These BURN like crazy, but they are the real deal :)

10. Sheila says:

I love 180 jump squats! They are the best!

11. I’ve never tried 180 jump squats, but I got dizzy just watching it! I think I’m up for the challenge though, especially if I get to do the running man at the end to celebrate. ;-)
    Lex @ Flecks of Lex recently posted..What I Did (or Didn’t Do) This Week

12. Julia says:

Thanks, I love these squat variations! I just figured out I’ve been doing them wrong forever (embarrassing). After I do a bunch of squatting normally, I’ll attempt your incredible jump squatting. Thanks!
    Julia recently posted..Wedding Workout: Proper Squat Technique for a Better Butt

13. Absolutely love jump squats. You can really feel the burn. I like to do them back-to-back with high knees and burpees. Now that really burns!
    Karl @ Afterburn Effect Training recently posted..The 3 Best Afterburn Workouts