Food from ‘da hood.

I acquired this plate of deliciousness in ‘da hood. You know, that part of town where gunshots are fired and drug deals are done out in the open.

french toast Food from da hood.

Yet Saturday mornings in this particular part of town are pretty quiet — it’s that time of day when thugs are too hungry to be committing their crimes and pimpin’ is kept to a minimum. Totally safe, right?

The hubs and I ventured in to grab us a plate of morning time glory. It’s the best damn French toast on the planet! With a side of sausages, of course.

I’m a low carb kida gal. It’s working out well for me. But can’t nothing keep me from a plate of French toast when it’s time for carbification to be allowed on the menu.

Not even a minor technicality like drive by shootings can hold me back. Pretty sure I’m related to Superman. You can catch me leaping ‘hood buildings in a single bound to grab me a plate.

Like me on Facebook

Stalk me on Instagram

Comments

1. Allie says:

I do not blame you for that! OMG! That french toast looks almost good enough to die for – holy YUM! One of my fav breakfast foods as a kid was french toast and my dad would make it for me on the weekends. I may just need to bust this out this morning…for the kids of course :-)
    Allie recently posted..Reverse Bucket List

2. Carla says:

come to oakland!!!
    Carla recently posted..Travels with Charming.

3. That. Looks. Incredible.

Now my breakfast seems inadequate. lol
    Kimberly ( Manifest Yourself) recently posted..Thursday’s Thoughts

• Yum Yucky says:

Please send me your breakfast through the food teleporter. I will be the judge of the inadequate breakfast. Yet once you send me the food, sorry, no returns. And for good measure, send me your lunch, dinner and snacks, too. But no worries. It’s all for research purposes.
      Yum Yucky recently posted..Food from ‘da hood.

4. Marc says:

I like waffles and chicken wings. Unfortunately the closet place I know of that serves them is Georgia. And that’s a 2100 mile trip one way :(
    Marc recently posted..Week in review and staying motivated

5. TexWisGirl says:

looks delicious! thanks for stopping in today! love your profile pic. too funny!
    TexWisGirl recently posted..More Texas Gates

6. That looks so delicious. I don’t do breakfast but I like Omelets from IHOP and I always sub the pancakes for french toast. It’s one of my weaknesses.
    Joi @ Rx Fitness Lady recently posted..Laughing is Good for the Soul – Icebreakers and Games

i don’t usually like french toast because it is sort of soggy but that looks nice and crisp and delicious!!
    Kim recently posted..Sinking

8. misszippy says:

I think a trip to middle east war zone might be worth it for that! Here in Baltimore, there are some not-so-great parts of town where they sell the most amazing bean pies on the street corners. Totally worth venturing out! (I should have taken you to get one when you were here for Fitbloggin!)
    misszippy recently posted..Dynamic warm-up for runners

• Yum Yucky says:

As I sat there staring at your Dynamic warm-up for runners blog post, here you go commenting on my blawg. Our minds must be interconnected and fused by some gel-like powerful blog-reading force. But sad to hear you did not lead me to the bean pies. Totally not talking to you anymore. I banish you from my world!! (errr, right after I read your blog post)

9. All about balance in life! :)
    Jody – Fit at 56 recently posted..How to Manage Weight Gain as We Age

10. I totally get it :) I have to venture off into one of the sketchier parts of town to enjoy a fish sandwich, (on sandwich bread of course) that is out of this world good!
    Christina@A Soulful Twist recently posted..Good Food | BAD Food Pictures

It would seem that even thugs wouldn’t want to shoot up a place where they can get such delicious food — they want to encourage the owners to stay open!
    mimi recently posted..Do You Believe in Magic?

12. That Guy... says:

How I eat French toast: I order a dish of maple syrup — like in a bowl. I dip, and eat just like a French dip. True story…

13. Hope says:

I’m not normally a French toastie kinda girl, but that looks so good, I’d definitely brave the hood to get some. Especially since I’m so hungry right now.lol
    Hope recently posted..Why you no Zumba?

14. Kita says:

I love french toast but most of the time I make my own IHOP has some good ones but nothing like that good ole hood food. Makes me want a grilled cheese samwhich now
    Kita recently posted..Pinteresting Wednesday

15. I LOVE how you references Superman… JUST SAYIN – ;)

And it’s always good to have the HUBS with you in the hood…. A SHIELD if you will!
    GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted..Banish Your Kryptonite!

16. Sam Terry says:

Hahahahaha! Yo are one funny woman. But yeah I gotta agree with you. That french toast looks darn good!
    Sam Terry recently posted..How To Get Started The Alkaline Way

17. Ben James says:

Looks safe? Haha, not quite! – can’t trust those Frenchies! Looks delicious though :)

18. KalleyC says:

There is something about hood food that’s just yummy. I guess is the looming threat that if you mess up someone’s food-you get shot. You got me craving a fried fish sandwich right now.
    KalleyC recently posted..When No Other Words Will Do

19. geosomin says:

Mmm…that looks TASTY!
    It is my goal to someday get to the southern US to try a proper chicken fried waffle….someday…I need to know what it tastes like. NEED.

20. Indeed, it is a very mouthwatering food and something you would want to always have on your plate.
    Swami Mami Teas recently posted..Doctor Oz Tea for Weight Loss Tips

21. Anni Hart says:

French Toast for Breakfast … Indeed that look TASTY !!! :D

22. Hi Josie!

I just came across your blog and you are so funny lol I love it. I see you are the low carb kind and so am I… but girl I am struggling! I did low carb to lose the initial 20 of about 40 pounds I lost. I realize when I plateau, cutting carbs gets my weight moving down again. But it is HARD. I love food! lol Do you have any posts you can direct me to that share advice on good carb treats you enjoy? I look forward to reading more on your blog :)
    Aishah @ Coffee, Love, Health recently posted..Low Carb Eats

Mmmm. I’d risk life and limb for a good french toast, and that looks like a dang good french toast!
    Coco recently posted..The Value Of Paying For Fitness Classes