Comfort Food Decadence: Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese with Sweet Cornbread

The fancy women who are Lisa and Kalley have revolutionized my stomachs. As I lurked on each of their blogs, I stumbled into two wonderful comfort food recipes that you absolutely must try. You won’t be disappointed when you sink your teeth into Lisa’s Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese and Kalley’s Sweet Cornbread.

Ohhhh my GAWSH! Talk about heaven. These two recipes have earned a forever place in my special food vault.

Here are the pics…

I whipped up the cornbread in my Lodge Cast Iron Skillet Comfort Food Decadence: Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese with Sweet Cornbread and used skim milk in the recipe.

sweet cornbread 2 Comfort Food Decadence: Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese with Sweet Cornbread

I had been searching for a sweet, moist cornbread recipe for awhile. This hit the nail on the head. I received lots of “thanks mom, this is really good” compliments from the family. The cornbread has been ate-up for several days now, but the hubs was still talking about it this morning. Click on the images to enlarge for ultimate eyeball-viewing impact.

sweet cornbread Comfort Food Decadence: Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese with Sweet Cornbread

And then there was the slow cooker mac & cheese!

crockpot mac and cheese Comfort Food Decadence: Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese with Sweet Cornbread

This mac is creamy and flavor-packed. Decadent! I suggest you use Cavatappi pata noodles — easy to find in any grocery store. My crockpot Comfort Food Decadence: Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese with Sweet Cornbread cooking time was actually shorter than Lisa’s recipe (about 1.5 hours instead of 3), so that meant I got the food into my stomachs faster. This is winning at life.

Kudos to you, Lisa and Kalley! You each score 10,000 bonus points for bringing more tastiness to my plate. Please check out their blogs for the full recipes. Everything in moderation, of course. BOOM!

Like me on Facebook

Comments

1. KalleyC says:

Aww, this just warms my heart! I love knowing that something I put out there was appreciated by other people’s family! I’m so glad that you were able to try it, and that it was well received! I have to monitor how I make the cornbread because they can eat up two pans within a hour. My daughter can eat half the cake pan of cornbread herself. My hubby the other half. Like you said, everything in moderation. :-)
    KalleyC recently posted..What is Advent and How Do We Celebrate It

2. Slow cooker mac n cheese!?! YES PLEASE! I won’t even get started on the cornbread. There is a small restaurant by my house in Long Island that has AMAZING cornbread. That’s literally all I go there for.
    Kimberly {Manifest Yourself} recently posted..Happy Holidays & Blog Reader Survey

3. Barbara says:

Gonna have to try that mac for my two little mac attackers. No one in our house really eats cornbread though….we sort of fail as Oklahomans in that regard.
    Barbara recently posted..OSU vs. OU Bedlam 2013

4. Lisa says:

Woooohooo! Glad the mac n’ cheese was a hit! What cheese did you use?

My friend makes the best cornbread I’ve ever had. It’s moist, it’s sweet, it’s spicy….She mixes cornbread and adds corn kernels and a ton of cheese and then bakes it in her skillet. So good!
    Lisa recently posted..Christmas Cheer

5. Kita says:

I tried the mac and cheese in my crockpot and I hated it I probably did something wrong I will try again though I have not had cornbread in a while now you making me want to do some up.
    Kita recently posted..Talk Tuesday

6. That Guy... says:

Want.

That cornbread looks soooooooo goooooood

The cornbread recipe looks a lot like my grandmothers, but she used a bit less oil, and added mayonnaise to make it moist. Hers was not low fat by any means.
    mimi recently posted..Sharp Observation

I should check out the cornbread recipe – Chris loves it and I never make it!
    I think I pinned the mac and cheese recipe – can’t wait to try it!!
    Kim recently posted..Let’s Hope that Tuesday Is Better than Monday!!!

10. Hum, in the crock pot sounds interesting. I saw Kalley’s cornbread post…yummy!
    Joi @ Rx Fitness Lady recently posted..A Joy Box for You “Joi-Style”

11. blackhuff says:

Comfort food in the colder months are just worth it :) I personally don’t like slow cooker pasta dishes because it gets too soggy because I have to leave it in slow cooker for 3-4 hours due to being full time working mom :(
    blackhuff recently posted..Definition in arms

12. MIZ says:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THE HUSBAND.
    he will love you for it.
    MIZ recently posted..Hard boiled eggs in a coffee maker.

13. Trisha says:

I reallly REALLY wanna eat this right now! yumm.com x
    Trisha recently posted..Aubergine with Buttermilk and Pomegranate (vegetarian)