I’ve been demonized by my family. I may as well grow horns and start attacking people with my pitch fork. The fam gets ticked because I constantly harass them to take off their shoes at the door. They say I’m real irritating and bitchy with my “no-shoes” demands, but I wouldn’t be such a bitch if they would just do what I ask. They barely listen to me. I’m ignored lots and lots.
Momma gets no respect.
If you trek your shoes into the house, you need to cut that shizz out right now. It doesn’t matter if you have carpet, tile or hardwood. You’re dragging in nasty stuff from outside that contaminates your flooring with germs, pathogens and toxic crap that can ultimately make you extremely ill. This news is especially important if you exercise at home or if you have a baby.
Why is that? Home exercisers no doubt get down close to the floor and babies are big time crawlers. Keep in mind that pathogens can also be picked up by bare feet in the house and carried into bed or wherever else you roam.
Besides the nastiness dragged in from stepping in saliva, snot loogies, vomit and urine (think about the floor in a public restroom), here are a few of the most serious offenders given a free pass into the home when you don’t leave your shoes at the door:
COLIFORM: An easy-to-test-for organism found in the intestinal tract of both human and animals, and also in soil and vegetation. Coliform is an indicator that harmful pathogens may be present. These pathogens include viruses, bacteria, protozoa and parasites. Coliform found in water (ever step in a puddle or muddied soil?) is a sure fire indicator of fecal contamination.
E. COLI: Belonging to the Coliform family, harmful strains of E.Coli are primarily introduced to the body orally via such routes as food, water, weird sex or poor sanitation, and can be found on common surfaces such as floors, toilet seats, and door handles.
KLEBSIELLA PNEUMONIA: This bacteria is found in the intestines and poop of humans. It can cause significant damage to the lungs if inhaled, and can also cause a bloodstream infection. Klebsiella exposure can be fatal. Exposure to the pathogen may come about after using the bathroom, ingesting contaminated food, person-to-person contact via contaminated hands, and also by coming into contact with other contaminated surfaces. This pathogen can also cause urinary tract infection and infection at wound sites on the body.
GOOD READ >> Study Reveals High Level Bacteria on Footwear
…and let’s not forget about motor oil. It’s obviously toxic to humans and animals. If you’ve ever stepped on a greasy black patch in a parking lot, you brought those contaminants into your home.
That’s it! I’m done with my pathogenic, bacteria-laden fear-mongering for today.