Can you spot what’s wrong with my grocery pics?

I didn’t buy this meat…

fly on steak Can you spot whats wrong with my grocery pics?

…but when I passed by the meat section at the grocery store down the street, this slab of dead cow stuck out to me. The package say it’s “Good” and “Freshness Guaranteed”, but with that dead fly chillin’ by the package, I beg to differ. Is it gross, or what? Definitely something wrong here. Where’s a food inspector when ya need him?

And next???

Shoppin’ at Trader Joe’s ya’ll. $42 worth of cereal. 16 boxes in all. You don’t even wanna know how much almond milk I have to buy to accommodate all this cereal.

traders joes cereal Can you spot whats wrong with my grocery pics?

I trek the 20 miles to TJ’s because they carry Envirokidz Can you spot whats wrong with my grocery pics? non-GMO cereal. I feel good about giving that to my child spawns instead of the chemically, GMO-enhanced Froot Loops ‘n such.

As you can see, I stock up big time. But what’s wrong with the situation and what’s downright disturbing? All that cereal won’t even last two weeks. The greedy mouths in my household are a perplexing mystery beyond explanation. It’s like the X-Files up in here.

Please commence to feeling sorry for me now. Dealing with dead flies and paying $42 for cereal is causing me to need your emotional support. Prop me up, ya’ll. Share in my pain.

—-

Like me on Facebook

Comments

1. Marc says:

That’s a lotta moola for cereal and milk, but consider it an investment in your children’s good health.
    Marc recently posted..Survived through the weekend

2. Devan says:

Gross fly! Though it made me LOL!
    It’s good your kids like that cereal!

3. blackhuff says:

Yuck! Grossed out with that dead fly at the meat :(
    That’s a lot of money for cereal – yikes!
    blackhuff recently posted..I want you all to know

4. Lan says:

That is horrible. That would put anybody off for a while.

5. Miz says:

ahh reason 398938 why I seem to be a huge carnivore but really mainly eat fish ;-)
    EW!!!
    Miz recently posted..Why I hate fitspiration.

6. You could open a shop with all that cereal lol. Gross about the fly

7. misszippy says:

All the things you could be doing with that money….

But you’re a good mama and it’s a worthwhile investment.

The meat–gross!
    misszippy recently posted..The beauty of the solo run

8. Linda says:

That is a lot of cereal! You are a great momma!! I am glad that I don’t eat red meat especially now after seeing that fly! LOL! :)
    Linda recently posted..TCB + Monday WI

9. Patty says:

Ugh that fly is jus gross.

I think it’s smart to stock up! You need to email that company for some coupons! :)
    Patty recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Fallen

10. SkippyMom says:

I had no idea about non GMO cereal, but I don’t let the kids have the sugar stuff. I wonder if Cheerios and Chex are GMO? Will have to check this out.

I was talking to a friend the other day and she was lamenting about how she had to go out and get more milk. I told her I could imagine how much milk they did drink with 10 kids [yes, she has 10!] and she laughed and said “Do you ever wish you could limit the amount of milk they drink? I mean, I know I can’t, it’s milk, but….sometimes….” I laughed and agreed with her because boy-o even with two kids left at home [at least on holidays] we go through some serious milk. It’s all good.

And I ain’t even commenting on the fly. ICK.

PS – sorry I am not around so much but my sketch internet does not like to load your blog for me. I don’t know why – but today I got lucky and got this post loaded. So don’t go thinking I don’t love ya’ anymore, cause I do. It’s my internet that doesn’t. giggle
    SkippyMom recently posted..Who Doesn’t Love the Mail Lady?

• Yum Yucky says:

Hi Momma! So glad you were allowed out of Interwebs jail to visit me today. Yes, General Mills and Kellogg’s cereals contain GMOs. It’s been a painful, sad process weaning the kids off of their “happy” cereals. But it had to be done. A quick Google search for “GMO cereals” will bring up a ton of results for you to read through and get pissed off about.
      LOVE YOU!
      Yum Yucky recently posted..Can you spot what’s wrong with my grocery pics?

11. What the what! What are yall doing in that house with cereal girlfriend?

That fly is disgusting!
    Joi @ Rx Fitness Lady recently posted..Delta Sigma Theta Centennial Recap & D.C. Takeover

12. Kita says:

Ewwww so gross no I can’t do the meat with the fly I cannot

13. Hope says:

yeah, the fly IS pretty gross. I can’t believe your family goes through all that cereal in 2 weeks. Yikes! I can’t empathize with you about the cereal, but big up to you that you’re buying the good stuff.
    Hope recently posted..Old School Blogging: Take Five!

Have you tried hiding some of the cereal and telling them they have to make it last? It works here, although i do have to keep changing my hiding places.

You do have my sympathy, though, i’ve got such greedy mouths here, too.

15. UGH on that meat!!!! I would stay away from that place period based on that! TJ love period! :)
    Jody – Fit at 55 recently posted..Gaining Weight on Healthy Foods – Can You?

I try to never total our cereal and snacks by themselves – I think I would be completely blown away by the amount.
    And, that meat section is disgusting!!
    Kim recently posted..Pictures are Better than Words

I couldn’t sleep at night with all that cereal in my house. nom, nom, nom.
    Coco recently posted..Healthy Snack Ideas On The Go

18. Carol says:

Eurrgggghhh, damn those flies. Wowzer on the cereal too :)

Trackbacks

1. [...] I didn’t buy this meat… …but when I passed by the meat section at the grocery store down the street, this slab of dead cow stuck out to me. The package say it’s “Good” and “Freshness Guaranteed”, but with that dead fly chillin’ by the package, I beg to differ. Is it gross, or what? [...] The post Can you spot what’s wrong with my grocery pics? appeared first on Yum Yucky….Can you spot what’s wrong with my grocery pics? [...]