Archives for April 2013
Need I say more? I am a changed woman. I can sense you are impressed. If this doesn’t convince you to start juicing, then I don’t know what will.
It doesn’t matter how wide my jaws are. It’s pretty much impossible shove all this into my stomachs in one sitting…
But I sure can juice it! 2 apples, 2 celery stalks, 6 carrots (say what!) and 3 large handfuls of spinach. There was so much spinach, I couldn’t get it all to fit in the pic. This coming week I’ll be juicing more kale than spinach. I’ve learned that it’s a good idea to rotate to your greens, so kale it is!
- 20-pound dumbbell swings
- commando push-ups
- touchdown jump squats
- triceps superset
Circuit 2X’s through, then outdoors for 10-minutes of speed rope intervals. Plus, 2-mile stroll in the afternoon.
TODAY’S MEAL PLAN
- Post-Workout Fuel: Shakeology in the blender with banana, ice & water.
- Morning snack if I’m hungry: slice of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread
- Lunch: Baked sweet potato & steamed veggies: Birds Eye Asian Medley
- Afternoon snack: juiced veggies (apples, kale, carrots)
- Dinner: sweet Italian sausage (from Amish market) with sauteed peppers & onions over rice
- After Dinner: hot cup of blended Mate’ & Oolong teas with raw honey
Now excuse me while I sharpen my newly formed fangs. Juicing sure has enhanced my beauty. Don’t you agree?
Will I be attending a cake-eating convention? Have I signed up for a couch-azzing marathon? Those things sure do sound enticing, but…
Nothing says “weekend family time” like a trip to watch low-level wrestlers stomp the hell outta each other inside the ring. This family field trip was personally selected by yours truly, and will no doubt seal the deal on my Mother of the Year merit badge.
Thank you very much.
[photo credit: dizfunkshinal]
Ladies! I hope you know it. Muscles and good looks are NOT the epitome of man-sexy. I’ve come across a ton of aesthetically eyeball-pleasing men that were total douche bags. Tell me you haven’t.
A good looking douche bag is the ugliest man of all. But man-sexy has no physical requirements. Tall or short, chunky or lean, bald or with hair… they all qualify to hold the title of man-sexy if they come correct with the proper credentials.
List of sexy credentials that have absolutely nothing to do with male fitness or physique:
1. He’s Good With Tools: There’s nothing worse than man that can’t bang a hammer, swing a wrench, or put together a piece of equipment that comes with 300-pages of “self assembly required” directions. If he says “I can’t”, “I don’t know how”, or “I won’t”, then he is not man-sexy. He at least has to try. Ladies, if you are single and he doesn’t own a decent set of tools, that’s a classic sign you need to run the other way. You’re either gonna end up paying a repairman, or you’ll have to fix it your damn self.
2. He Takes Charge: Man-sexy men know what they want. But even if he’s not yet reached his full potential, he’s on his way and going after it. He also takes charge in, eh-ummm, other ways, but this ain’t the kind of blog to be discussing such thangs.
3. He Fights Unfair: Meaning, it’s unfair to HIM, not us girls. Don’t we all love to have the last word when it comes to a disagreement? A man that will take the high road and let the woman have the last word sometimes is a wise & sexy man indeed. He will back down from an argument for the sake of keeping the peace when us gals are feeling bitchy or otherwise spitting estrogen-fueled venom in his direction. This kind of unfair man is very sexy.
4. He Will Cook You Food: Are you feeling lazy? Under the weather, perhaps? Or maybe he’s just taking the cooking-reins because he loves you. A man that can get down in the kitchen is a keeper. Give him 5,000 extra sexy points if the food he cooks is actually good — 10,000 points if he serves it to you on a fancy tray while you couch-azz.
5. He Will Kill Bugs For You: And vermin, too. He will also trap vampire bats, chase slithery anacondas out the backyard, and investigate that eerie claw-scratching noise (it’s probably Hogzilla) on the roof of the house at 2am in the morning. Whatever it takes. He will do it. He will keep you safe.
Ohhh, lawd Jesus! These things are very-very sexy-sexy-sexy. There’s other important things I could include, but I had to stop somewhere. Holla at me in the comments to add to this fancy list of man-sexy credentials. And a big shout to all the man-sexy men who are holding it down for their ladies. BOOM!
…at least that’s what the former CEO of Nestle, Peter Brabeck, says (see full vid below). Based on his infinite opinion of high cerebral wisdom that exceeds our own, I’ve quoted him on some of the psychotic comments he spewed out of his mouth:
- “It’s a question of whether we should privatize the normal water supply for the population.”
- “The one opinion, which I think is extreme…declaring water a public right. That means as a human being you should have a right to water. That’s an extreme solution.”
- “And the other view says that water is a foodstuff like any other, and like any other foodstuff it should have a market value. Personally I believe it’s better.”
- “…the biggest social responsibility of any CEO is to maintain and ensure the successful and profitable future of his enterprise.”
Then he tries to spin it, saying that this success must be so that big corporations can do good in the world. Yep. That’s why corporations are in business — to do good…for their INVESTORS!
I’m still a little confused, because I/we pay for water right now. If I don’t fork over the money for the bill, my human right to water will be revoked in 30 days or less. Yet Brabeck’s “not a public human right” comment just doesn’t sit well with me. I replayed the video over several times. Maybe I missed something? Maybe I misunderstood? Maybe I’m just a flunkie with the comprehension of a 6-month old?
“…not a public human right.” The Brabeck bozo speaks.
Brabeck recently tried to back-pedal in April 2013 when he posted on his blog that his comments in the video were taken out of context. Well, uh, his remarks seem pretty straight forward to me. But I encourage you to decide that for yourself. Although the above video was posted to Youtube in 2012, the actual footage is from a 2005 television program, while he was still the CEO of Nestle. Why did he wait so long (8 years!) to provide supposed clarity to his original comments?
Maybe the new Nestle head-honchos pressured Brabeck to retract his comments? It’s bad publicity, after all. Just in case you’re interested, here’s the complete list of Nestle products and brands.
These big corporations are outta control, and the government massages their ego. What do you think off all this nonsense?
Collecting rainwater on your own property is already illegal in some states. People have even been arrested. Stay tuned for the privatization of sunshine and the air you breathe. It’s coming to a town near you.
I can already see me bitching over the Air-Breathing Utility Bill right now: “Which one of ya’ll dang kids been breathing too much oxygen again? The bill is double what is was from last month!”
It goes down real smooth ‘n such: 2 apples, 2 celery stalks, 2 handfuls spinach, 3 large kale leaves, 2 handfuls baby carrots, and 3 sprigs parsley. Don’t be afraid of the Beastmode Power Juice, my peoples.
Yet this is only but one rendition of my Beastmode Power Juice. Other concoctions I’ve indulged in are:
- apple, spinach, cucumber
- apple, spinach kale, ginger, celery, cilantro
- apple, carrot, pineapple
There are so many possibilities and I’m just getting started. I’ve been juicing for over 3 weeks now. It’s one of the best decisions I’ve made for my fitness in forever. It’s quite accidental that I’ve had no milk, minimal meats & cheese, and very little carbs in these past weeks. I didn’t do that on purpose. My cravings for those kinds of foods has decreased while my stomach’s desire for varying renditions of the Beastmode Juice has increased.
On average, I’m spending about $30 for a small hoard of fruits & veggies (primarily veggies) that provides me with about 4 days of juicing. That breaks down to about $7.50 per day. Ya, it’s pricey. I know it. But the benefits are worth it.
The gremlin-kids have been helping me juice the veggies. They really get into it and have even been open to taste-testing the green-ish of concoctions. As for the husband? After I begged him 6 times (not kidding) to watch Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, he finally did. It made such an impact on him that he stopped teasing me about my juicing and is now considering a 10-day juice fast. WHAT!?
ENLIGHTEN YOURSELF WITH THESE FREE JUICING RESOURCES
- Fat Sick & Nearly Dead on Youtube: Watch it for free. The entire 90-minute movie is available for viewing. It will impact you for the better. I promise.
- Best selling juicers & reviews: I’m using a hand-me-down Jack LaLanne juicer right now. It works fine. But still going back & forth between purchasing a new Breville or Omega juicer. Decisions, decisions…
- A-Z Produce Prep: How to prep your fruits & veggies for juicing.
- Juicing the Rainbow: This is a daily online “newspaper” that brings together articles, Youtube vids, photos, stories, etc related to juicing from around the web. You can also subscribe for free to have it delivered to your Inbox. I did that because I don’t wanna miss anything. Juicing the Rainbow always has nuggets of good info and great tips for a healthy dose of juicing inspiration.
It also does me well to simply Google the particular veggie I’m juicing to learn more about it, such as using the keywords: “spinach juicing benefits”. That type of search brings up a plethora of good info.
If you’re not sold on the idea of juicing fruit & veggies, perhaps an alternative juicing of ingredients will tickle your fancy? Here’s the recipe:
- 2 road-killed raccoon claws (rancid, never fresh)
- 3 slabs muddied elephant skins
- 1 partially-deceased blobfish
- the amphibious scales from 10,000 male-Mermaids (do not substitute with female scales)
This juiced-specialty will have you feelin’ like you just got baptized in the waters of the Fountain of Youth.
nonsense content: Merman Found On Beach]
If your juicer’s motor burns out while preparing the above recipe, then it’s probably your own fault. Now goodbye.