This is how I pack lunch. Cajun Tilapia over a bed of brown rice with stir-fry peppers, onions and garlic. ((insert foodgasm here))
It’s super-simple, my friends. Super-doooper simple. Your Tilapia whoredom will soar to new levels, morphing this fish into your new favorite sea-beast. Flame broiled Kraken tentacles can’t hold a candle to this one. Now let’s git to it:
INGREDIENTS (serves one hungry mouth)
- 1 piece of killed Tilapia (not alive)
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Cajun seasoning
- light drizzles of olive oil
- splash of white wine
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- Have your 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice ready to go. (I pre-cook an entire pot early in the week)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil in shallow baking pan. I use a glass pan.
- Place Tilapia in pan, splash with some white wine, then sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until Tilapia flakes with fork. Don’t overcook!
- While Tilapia is baking, saute’ the sliced green peppers, onions and crushed garlic. Season with salt & pepper. Include splash of white wine as it cooks for extra flavor.
- Pour the sauteed veggies over rice, then top with your Killed Cajun Tilapia.
I cook up this recipe about 3 times a week at around 6am in the morning BEFORE I workout. So ya see, it’s a non-intrusive kinda thing. It’s in no way inconvenient or time consuming. Just whip it up and you’re done. For extra convenience, you can go with the bag of frozen Tilapia slabs — just take a piece out the freezer and thaw in the fridge overnight.
But what about microwaving fish in the office?
I take the fish out the plastic container, heat up the rest of the container contents, then return the fish to the container (cut into pieces) and seal tight with lid for about 2 minutes. This trick allows the heat to infuse into the fish. It heats it pretty decent and results in zero fish-fumes around the office.
Now isn’t that real fancy?