Cashier Sprayed My Groceries With Lysol

…and the legacy of all stupid peoples marches on… Lysol contains the toxin Ammonium Hydroxide. I’ll spare you a bunch of mumbo-jumbo with a blog post of many words. Just watch the video and do your own research using the links I’ve provided. Then you’ll understand why I was soooo pissed off when the stupid cashier sprayed my groceries with Lysol toxins.

BAH! No offense to all the cashiers of the world (I used to be one in high school…I loved my job), but some cashier-people are obviously filled with an overflowing abundance of stupid.

Lysol ingredient information

Lysol health hazards

Ammonium Hydroxide poisoning

Comments

1. I’ve just been browsing around your blog – you look faaaaaantastic!
    TorontoRunner recently posted..13.1 = For Fun.

2. Kita says:

As I was watching I am thinking I am that person that was picking up the pies and cookies lol. I do hate when they spray down right when you are at the register do that when you have no one in line.
    Kita recently posted..Convo with Sallie Mae

3. Emergefit says:

At least he’s cheating with a can, and not a woman….?
    Emergefit recently posted..Never mind. Always mind…

What? She sprayed the food with it? I’d be seeing red…
    My rant as a biochemist is that this kinda cleaning stuff has no MSDS (material safety data sheets) for ingredients or even a list of dangerous contents. Anything we use in a lab has one of these, to tell us how to safely use it, handle it, dispose of it and what’s dangerous and the health effects…particularly for long term low level exposures…which is the real risk for this kinda chemical sh*t. Baking soda and vinegar and good old fashioned soap with a bit of elbow grease gets nearly all of the nasties when cleaning. Really, unless your home came down with norwalk flu virus, or TB or some wierd evil nastiness…you don’t need Lysol for home use. Anything ammonium based will much with your pets too… I cannot believe they sprayed that crap all over your food…I’d be PO’d!
    Geosomin recently posted..Alarm kittehs r teh ossum

5. Erin says:

You’re nicer than me, cuz I would have walked out! Groceries sitting on the belt and all!

6. Cindy says:

I had something similar to this happen at the airport. I was coming back from Mexico where I had gone to a fancy celebration. I had two expensive knock your eyes out dresses in my suitcase along with the fancy nylons and to die for shoes. When I opened my bag at home a cloud of bug spray smell came out of my bag. Whatever they sprayed inside my bag ate my nylons and the netting attatched to my bag and destroyed my dresses. I took the mess to the dry cleaners and they couldn’t save my dresses. They said they see this all the time. Next time I better Fedex my luggage home.
    Cindy recently posted..Workout Mojo Please!

7. Nellie says:

UM OMG that is CRAZY. WHO DOES THAT?! I think that cashier was clearly loco, and the fact that you got charged for it?!?! talk about salt in a WOUND, ugh. and smh at hubby cheating on you. How dare he?!!! Girl.
    Nellie recently posted..Friday Fitness Check In: Keep Moving Through It All

8. EW! I also was a cashier, but I find this increases my annoyance towards them. No I do not want my fresh produce packed with my raw meat… thanks though! I generally just tell them to send my stuff down and bag it myself. I also get annoyed when I tell them I don’t want a bag and then they bag it anyway (probably on autopilot) but when I say, really I don’t want a bag, they start to insist, because idk they are too lazy to take my product out of the bag. I DON’T WANT EXTRA CRAPPY PLASTIC TO COME HOME WITH ME.

Excuse my rantings :)
    Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..My Whole21–Days 1 through 6

9. This is just crazy! The funniest thing to me though is that she was ringing up Lysol while she was cleaning. I would have been sooooo freakin pissed if I gotten home and discovered that! I will have to nix the Great Value Disinfectant, I’m a generic brand kinda girl.
    Joi @ Rx Fitness Lady recently posted..Schoolin’ Life from Coach

10. misszippy says:

Crazy that she would do that! Blech!

Yeah, I have never been a Lysol user and honestly, so much of that just stemmed from a natural dislike for the smell/mist that floats around with it–always turned me off. Now I know why!
    misszippy recently posted..The year of racing locally

My Grandmother, who owned her own small grocery store and taught me to bag groceries, would have pitched a conniption.

12. Bwah ha haa Sorry to hear your hub was sneaking around with Big-L behind your back..
    KymberlyFunFit recently posted..Pain Free Movement in 2013: Who Wants In?

13. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly – you need to star in a show – reality but knowledge reality! :)
    Jody – Fit at 55 recently posted..Shoulder & Chest w/New Moves

14. MamaBearJune says:

Wow, that is really messed up!
    MamaBearJune recently posted..Cardiologist visit

15. TooBIG says:

I so love watching your videos. I hate that stuff with a passion. It give me headaches when ever someone sprays that stuff.
    TooBIG recently posted..The Scale Doesn’t Lie 1/19/13

16. Jennifer says:

Nutso! I try not to be hard on the cashiers, but with food being so expensive, I just get very frustrated when the RUIN it.
    Jennifer recently posted..Ladies Breakfast

17. Well that was a work out in itself, Ah ha ha ha ha ah! PS: I am proud to say, NO LYSOL or any of that FAKE ASS SHIT in my house, NONE!!!
    Gigi Eats Celebrities recently posted..Revamp Your Resolution

18. Oh my goodness! Ammonium hydroxide is a weak base and even if it’s dubbed as “weak,” it is still corrosive and could cause harm to the body. Disinfectants like this shouldn’t be sprayed directly to your grocery items. Did you report this cashier to her manager? I believe everybody should be educated about this.

19. Ginger says:

I just love your blog. I haven’t visited in a while. Great video. I would have been really pissed as well.