It’s Gotta Burn Deep Down In Your Bones…

…that desire. That “wanting” for true change. And really mean it this time.

There are peeps that, over the past few YEARS, are still “getting ready to” do something about their situation. But it’s foolery, I tell ya — they’re only fooling themselves.

There’s too many starts & stops. Umpteen failed diets. Days on end of missed workouts. Lots of disappointment and an expanding waistline; empty promises and the absence of a this-shit-is-for-real-this-time type of attitude.

Here’s the thing: you gotta be downright sick and tired, fed up, and willing to NO LONGER ACCEPT your situation to spark a fire of true change. For me, that happened when I took a look at this picture of myself back in 2006. Dear gawd. That’s the pic that lit a fire under my ass and incited the motivation for real change that burned deep down in my bones.

Whatever good thing you purpose for your health & fitness, do with it all your heart. Don’t cut corners that will leave you shortchanged. Don’t talk yourself out of it or accept anything less.

Stand firm, plant your feet steady and focus. Remove the fluff & fodder and be for real about what you want. Then pursue it with with a burning fire that can’t be quenched until you reach your goal.

I know you can do it.

Comments

1. You ain’t never told a lie. As I am (still – ugh) in a fitness rut I really needed to hear this. Thanks much!
    Winter Sundays recently posted..SAY CHEESE!

2. Devan says:

This? ROCKS! I feel it this time, I do. For the first time, I envision myself thinner and healthier. I have always talked about “the click” and how one persons is different than the next…gotta find your “click”. This is good stuff right here, griiiilllll! <3 Devan

3. Barbara says:

Absolutely love this. It will take time. Gotta do it anyway!
    Barbara recently posted..I Never Regret Working Out

4. Joi says:

TRUTH! That’s about all!
    Joi recently posted..PSA #2: THE FLU SHOT IS NOT MAKING YOU SICK

5. Emergefit says:

I bow down to your accomplishments!

Though I have been associated with hundreds of weight loss stories through the years, many of which were significant, I take no amount of credit for any one.

Each person who succeeded — who made the choice to make to choice, would have done it without me. Motivation — fire, comes from within. Make the choice to make the choice. Can’t be bottled, swallowed, injected, or shelved. Motivation can only be summoned…
    Emergefit recently posted..Never mind. Always mind…

Amen and Amen. No one changes until s/he has an “i’ve had it” moment that comes from the gut.

Yup :) You’ve got it…
    Geosomin recently posted..grrr. argh

8. Marc says:

Okay Coach Josie:)
    Marc recently posted..Motivation

9. Yes! “Getting ready to” get fit is epic. I see it all the time, someone who’s thinking about it or starts then stops. But you gotta get REAL about it or it won’t happen – ever. I’m pretty darn proud of you by the way!

ahhhh. thank you, Suzanne. You are among a handful of the trainers I HIGHLY respect on the interwebs. So glad to hear you’re proud. :)

10. Nellie says:

Ugh, trying not to cry at work. This spoke to me like a million times over. Thank you.
    Nellie recently posted..Shoutout to Beyonce

Tears are okay, Nellie. It’s evidence that your “wanting” is starting to get down deep and permeate into your bones. This is a good thing! xoxoxo

11. Portia says:

Amen, Josie. You speak the truth! BTW, loving your You Tube Channel. Get it, girl!
    Portia recently posted..When Things Fall Apart

12. Quix says:

Kinda posted the same thing yesterday. :) Sure, you have to be mentally prepared, but something you just have to dive in and start DOING.
    Quix recently posted..Motivational Monday: Sticking With It

13. MamaBearJune says:

Yep, it was a photo in 2005 for me. (And it was LOTS worse than that photo of you!) :-) It’s been slow and steady, with some periods of life happening where the focus was different, but I never went all the way back to where i was. Progress has continued and I’m almost at my goal. But the main goal is to live a healthy life and not be sedate and lazy. :-) That one goes until the day the Lord calls me home!
    MamaBearJune recently posted..Cardiologist visit

14. Wow! I admire your willingness and motivation. You really commit to this thing, do you? Yes, sacrifice and commitment are some of the key, motivation and inspiration will also do. I believe that we you start something don’t look back and give up, instead, keep moving forward. Very inspiring post Josie! Keep it up and inspire more people!

15. You amaze me with all you have accomplished from when I first started reading you! YOU DO HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is truer than true: It’s gonna take hard work. It gonna require sacrifice. It will even challenge your mental fortitude. And it’s gonna take TIME to see results. So please… be patient.

Josie, you know I preach the patience & hard work & sacrifice…. it is THE TRUTH!
    Jody – Fit at 55 recently posted..Gratitude Monday; Weather; Cookies; Videos

16. Lisa says:

Fantastic post!!!!! I tell this to people often when they ask me how I lost 110 pounds. “I WANTED IT BADLY ENOUGH TO KEEP DOING IT.” Period.
    Lisa recently posted..Maintenance 101: Self-Love

You have to take that fire and use it to light a torch that you hold up high to show you the path that will lead you to your goal.
    Coco recently posted..Thirsty Thursday (The Swiss Beer Edition)

Trackbacks

1. […] was feeling some kind of way scared about going to bootcamp then I read this post by Josie and felt like I could do anything. Me vs. bootcamp I would surely win […]