Eff it, just gimme some liposuction…

“…and other batshit things I’ve considered in the last 24-hours”. That’s the official title of this post. So sue me, why don’t ya.

I’m tired ya’ll. After yesterday’s insane marathon of hitting the grocery store at 6am, then cooking breakfast for the Greedies, and THEN doing 15,467 loads of laundry, it was the straw the broke the unicorn’s neckbone. That’s when I began to whimper a little and tears came out my eyeballs. It was a seriously shitty moment for me.

So 7 hours later after I got done the laundry, I’m laying on the couch all exhausted because my ass is sore, my legs are jello and my back is busted from all that damn laundry I told you about. I’m laying there and decide to spontaneously grab the saggy skin on my lower stomachs.

Uh oh. I shouldn’t have done that. Just opened a can-ohh worms.

The stubborn fat is coming off my stomachs, but my skin is stretched so bad from being previously knocked up 4 times with child-spawns, that at this point, there’s no possibility of my skin shrinking back. I think it’s done all the shrink-back is gonna do already.

So then I start feeling extra-blah because my stomach skin has the appearance of melted and hangy. Same as my boobs.

So I say to myself: “Eff it, just gimme liposuctions, or tummy tucks, or whatever the hell it is when you get the extra skin to be gone. ”

Like I have money for that? NOPE! Ain’t happening, my friends.

Please excuse me. I’m just delirious at the moment and super tired and rambling on. All will be right with the world again tomorrow. I’ll bounce back real fast. Because I’m elastic like that.

Just needed to vent a little, so I figured I’d do it publicly in an effort to remain transparent in who I am and how I get to feeling sometimes –very much human and imperfect.

I eat way too much cake sometimes. I obviously let the laundry pile up. I even fart at work. And I despise cooking dinner. This is the “yucky” part of my life, but I’ll be back to the “yum” part in a jiffy, because I refuse to be defeated.

There’s a brand new workout comin’ at you in the next post, so watch for it. See that! I’m already gettin’ back to normal. icon wink Eff it, just gimme some liposuction...

side note: After I wrote this post at 10:30pm last on night I went upstairs to go plop into bed, but forgot I had stripped the mattress earlier. There were no sheets on the bed. DAMMIT!

Anybody else felt blah lately, but you refuse to be defeated?

Comments

1. Alyssa (azusmom) says:

Sending virtual kittens and puppies to cuddle up with you!
    And I hear ya: At this very moment I’m trying to figure out how to live with someone (not a person I’m married to or a fruit of my loins, happily) who is continuously unsatisfied and a loud complainer. Not only that, but wants to completely uproot everyone and everything in order to solve the “problems,” and is only happy when grousing, apparently.
    Plus, it’s my time of the month, so I hate everyone and everything.
    But this, too shall pass.
    In the meantime, I highly recommend viewing “Corgi Stampede” on YouTube.

2. Barbara says:

I love your honesty. On one hand, I think, “Oh hell, if beast mode Josie still has hanging skin, what am I gonna be left with skin wise once I get fit??” Then on the other hand, I think, “Well, I’d rather be strong and NOT have these Michelin Man rings around my belly. The loose skin? That’s why God invented Spanx!”

Oh, and yep, no sheets on the bed at the end of the day. That sucks!!!

P.S. (since I’m writing a post in your comment section today) we did Turbo Jam yesterday and ChaLean Extreme Burn Circuit 1 today. Got up at 4:30 and got it done. :)
    Barbara recently posted..Starting Point – Fitness Levels for January 2013

3. 444 says:

Yes, I feel defeated sometimes, too. But look – don’t take offense, but I wonder about your mental status if you think you need any surgery. You already look great, and you are zeroing in on trivial “flaws” if you think otherwise. Please don’t hold yourself up to some impossible standard! I think you are seeing things others don’t see or care about when you criticize your appearance. And don’t tell me, “Oh, but I care about it.” Get your mind off obsessing over some self-perceived flaw! By the way, real women look better than fake women any day.
    444 recently posted..Preliminary list to start 2013

• Yum Yucky says:

no offense taken! I do profess to be mental on my days of the week (err, my family makes me crazy) but I think sometimes, although rare, I get over critical. Ya now, that whole “own worst critic” type thing. I think it was the mental & physical exhaustion from yesterday that set the perfect conditions for me to be feeling whiny and blah.
      Yum Yucky recently posted..Ladies! How To Get Chin Hairs To Stop Growing

4. Shannon says:

Hugs my friend. Have your moment and get mad sleep on mattresses with no sheets it’s okay. You have worked hard and it would be nice if everything was perfectly perfect after all of that. Just be the perfect you who is beautiful and strong. It will eventually overcome all of the bad feelings. XO

5. Toby Edge says:

Commenting on the above reply….too damn right! Real women do look better…and this is coming from a mans perspective. Of course, no amount of compliments are going to change the way that you feel abuot yourself, particularly during those ‘low’ moments. I definitely have them myself, but most of the time they are short lived. Its how you feel most of the time that really matters I guess, not how you feel when something is weighing you down.
    Toby Edge recently posted..Cool Infograpic on Sleep Apnea and its Impact on Your Health…

6. Lia says:

Your “imperfections” make you perfect…does that make sense? It’s my mantra so most likely it doesn’t ::LOL::. You look freakin’ fabulous but I understand–we are our own worst critics. Even at my lowest weight, I still had the meh-blahs. Like you, I refuse to be defeated! We have too much to keep striving for, not just for ourselves but for our families and other supporters. You are entitled to a blah day…but just one. (don’t make it a habit or you will get the wet noodle!). You inspire many, keep doing what you are doing because we are all in the dang fight together!
    Lia recently posted..DietBet Update and Weekend Crazies

7. Emergefit says:

I’s all good. You woke up, your kids are healthy, the sun is up and there is promise in the day. Sounds like a great platform for beast-mode…
    Emergefit recently posted..Misguided Intentions…

Yup…I hear ya. After shrinking I have tiger stripes all over and I don’t have the excuse of having had any childspawns! There are bits of me that probably won’t firm up like I’d like, but I figure days when I pinch and squint and moan are balanced out with the days I stop and look in the mirror and think “damn woman you look GOOD today!”. I just try and remember those days and get back to it :)
    Geosomin recently posted..Enchanted Forest

9. Amber says:

I think I lived my whole life in that mindset, where one little imperfection sent me down a rabbit hole of self-criticism and doubt. I’m really working on changing that, however, because as I get older I realize how my body looks is so insignificant compared to what it can DO.

Did you happen to catch the reddit story last year about a hirsute woman who was photographed and mocked because of her beard? She ended up going on to reddit and this part of what she posted completely, utterly, TOTALLY knocked me upside the head and got me to think more sanely about my own body: “…baptized Sikhs believe in the sacredness of this body – it is a gift that has been given to us by the Divine Being [which is genderless, actually] and, must keep it intact as a submission to the divine will. Just as a child doesn’t reject the gift of his/her parents, Sikhs do not reject the body that has been given to us. By crying ‘mine, mine’ and changing this body-tool, we are essentially living in ego and creating a seperateness between ourselves and the divinity within us. By transcending societal views of beauty, I believe that I can focus more on my actions.”

You can read more here: http://www.dailydot.com/society/reddit-balpreet-kaur-sikh-woman-beard/

I am not Sikh, I am not religious at all, but I do believe that there is something divine about the body I live in and it has nothing to do with its size, shape, or appearance. I want to honor my body and keep it healthy, but if that means it wants to hold on to some cellulite or shine some stretch marks here and there, so be it. I’m learning to live in this healthier mindset. (Though it’s not always easy.)

Happy 2013, Yum Yucky! I love your blog and wish you nothing but the best this year! :)

Aha! I did see that story and thank you for reminding me because I had forgotten. That’s one I should also be sharing with my kids. Thanks for dropping some wisdom here, Amber. I also wish you happiness and joy this year! XO

10. Quix says:

I remember when I was 265 lbs and just wishing for an easy way out. I wanted to be thin already. However, through the process, instead of just becoming thinner like I wanted, I also became an athlete. So, even though these days I just wish I could wish the extra few lbs (ok few 10s of lbs right now) away, I know I’ll learn something doing it.

Also, my tummy is stretchy too even when I’m skinny so I’ll probably never have that completely flat tummy unless I get plastic surgery and I don’t see that happening. I don’t want all that downtime for recovery, lol.
    Quix recently posted..24 Races In 12 Months Recap (May – Aug)

11. Donna says:

Work farter.
    Donna recently posted..How can I help?

12. I HATE when I FORGET that I stripped the sheets – it’s a real kick in the ass !

Glad it was only a momentarily lapse and your are getting your groove back!

13. Marc says:

I like what Donna said. It’s a gas:)

14. misszippy says:

A little low moment (you are in good company out here!) and one I am sure will pass. I prescribe a nice, warm vacation somewhere. Please bring me when you go!
    misszippy recently posted..The best laid plans

Yes, you are allowed to let it get you down sometimes.

It happens to us all, we get overwhelmed.

Set a timer, wallow in it a while, get back up when the timer goes off. It helps.

16. YOU AMAZE ME JOSIE!!!!!!!!!!! You have so much on your plate & still find time to work out! I think you have ever right to feel this way! We can’t always be all up & rosy & happy especially when there is a lot of stress! Bitch away I say!!! It is not as if you are a lazy person! WE all have these REAL moments! Honestly, if I had the money, I would do some of this great new non invasive stuff cause I work so hard to get that lower tummy better without kids!! IT just is not happening & with age – not! Butt gas too with age but I do my best.

YOU ROCK! We love when you tell it like it is!!!!!
    Jody – Fit at 55 recently posted..Gratitude Monday & the Sun; Happy Bday Time Again Too!

17. Nathan says:

You’re a stud. Plain and simple.
    Like one of my readers always says “keep on keepin’ on.”

18. Sagan says:

Forgetting to put the sheets back on the bed after laundry is the WORST!

Hugs hugs hugs.

19. I don’t fart. I have told my children that moms don’t fart. You have just messed with my storyline. I will not let my kids read this post, no matter what.
    My mom had 5 kids, including us big-baby twins. She had major stretch marks and saggage. I asked her why her stomach was like that (I was very young), and she pointed at me and said, “You Twins.” I have never gotten over the guilt complex she laid on me.
    AlexandraFunFit recently posted..Blood, Stress and Diet

20. Cassie says:

hi girl, it is A-OK to have blah days, you are human and you will be alright. You have worked so hard and sometimes you need a day to vent. in my venting is good for the soul and you have such a strong support of followers who will always have your back. you are awesome and 4 kids later, you look pretty damn good. get some rest, tomorrow is another day!
    Cassie recently posted..My Family Story: Strokes

21. Deb says:

You know what one of my excuses in the past was to say the hell with trying to lose weight? I’d have loose, saggy skin. Then I realized something else… I’d take that damn saggy loose skin rather than the fat any day!

Don’t let it get you down girl!
    Deb recently posted..FMM – Simple Questions

22. Jennifer says:

I feel this way all the time!
    Jennifer recently posted..It Has Only Just Begun

23. True, it’s really hard to lose weight! And yes, a tummy tuck is what you want. Liposuction is not a weight loss method, it is to remove stubborn pockets of fat that cannot be gotten rid of with diet and exercise. However, up to 10 pounds can be taken off with lipo. Sounds like you get plenty of exercise just taking care of kids and doing laundry! But nothing beats an organized routine of aerobic/cardio works outs with maybe some weights added about 3 times a week. I know, we are all absurdly busy! By the way, love your rant and your sense of humor. Good luck!

Dr Rhys Branman

24. Joi says:

I have been having an ongoing conversation with a member/new instructor that is contemplating a tummy tuck. I am so fearful for her. I have so many patients that have had terrible experiences with them. I just don’t think it’s worth the trouble. Her issue, as you have stated is that she had three children all c-sections and it’s harder to loose that area around the belly after that. She has an appt that she might cancel. My fingers are crossed. You brought some humor to the issue, Thank you for that, we all get flustered at times. Be encouraged, you are a rockstar. I like the new workout too! Have a great rest of the week.
    Joi recently posted..Customer Service Confessions of a Community Pharmacist

25. Lisa says:

I’ve DEFINITELY had those moments!!!! Especially when I feel discouraged about the loose skin on my belly. No matter how great I eat or how often I exercise or how many ab workouts I do, it doesn’t go away. It’s frustrating!
    Lisa recently posted..Convenience

26. Sheanna says:

Just found your blog. Love it.
    Question, though….How on EARTH do you organize your day with all the responsibilities you have? I have two kids, a rockin’ marriage, work, laundry and all the same stuff that you have going on (plus this nagging need for control that leads me to not really like or ask for help from others). I used to be big into fitness (Beachbody stuff, naturally) for about 2 years after my second child was born….But something happened after she turned two and it seemed like suddenly I didn’t have the time or energy anymore. HOW DO I GET IT BACK?!? I mean, is there some organizational skill I might not be seeing or do I just need to quit being a whiny bitch, suck it up and move on? Give it to me straight, doc.