Oxygen Magazine: 5 Reasons to Add it to Your Fitness Arsenal

oxygenmag Oxygen Magazine: 5 Reasons to Add it to Your Fitness Arsenal

See the headline on the mag? “Lose Inches All Over”. This is one of the few mags I’ve come across that can actually deliver the goods to help you reach your fitness goals.

That headline isn’t a bunch of fake-fluff. Oxygen Mag is a genuine tool that can aid you in losing weight, getting lean, building sexy muscle and getting you on your way to a whole ‘nother level of hawtness.

Does that type of body transformation interest you? Uh huh.

I hadn’t told you so before, but I’ve been reading the Oxygen Magazine for over a year now. Faithfully. Just renewed my subscription last week.

Check out my reading-technique:

• Skim through the entire mag as soon as it arrives. Then…
  • Read through it slowly over a few day’s time — every single article. And then…
  • Page through it casually here and there, re-reading the best parts, until the next issue arrives.

So, yeah. I am dedicated to the Oxygen.

Although my goal isn’t to become a bodybuilder or bikini competitor, I’ve got a lot of respect for the accomplishments and disciplines of the women featured in the mag. There’s a ton of inspiration and good advice to be gained from its pages.

5 REASONS TO ADD IT TO YOUR FITNESS ARSENAL

• Non-fluffy articles: Meaning, you won’t see crap like, “How To Erase Your Face Wrinkles Forever” or “10 Ways To Make Your Man Beg For More”. Because I’ve already read that stuff.
  • Awesome Women: The chicks featured in the magazine work HARD. The magazine is also diverse, featuring women of different ethnicities and ages. There’s single chicks, married chicks, chicks who work normal day jobs, mothers of multiple child-spawns, etc, etc.
  • Tons of Workout Ideas (with pics): There’s both gym-style workouts and home workouts, presented in a detailed tutorial-type manner.
  • Clean Eating Recipes: ‘Nuff said there. Lots of unique recipe ideas, including awesome food swaps to make your eating much cleaner.
  • Nutrition & Fitness Q & A: Sets the record straight, which helps to improve your diet and workout regimen.

ANY DRAWBACKS TO THE MAGAZINE? I only have one minor pet-peeve: Most of the advertisements in the mag are for supplements, the majority of which I would NEVER consume because of artificial ingredients, like sucralose. But it’s easy enough just to ignore the ads and move on to all the good stuff.

It doesn’t matter if you’ve got 5, 50 or 150 pounds to lose. It doesn’t matter if you’re a spunky 25-year-old, or a 50-year-old plucking woman-whiskers off your chin. Oxygen has something for everyone. Something you can use. Something that will empower you on your journey to getting fit.

If you’re already reading books, blogs, online articles or Kindle-type stuff on any kinda subject matter, then why not turn your eyeballs to some quality fitness-reading. Subscribe to Oxygen Magazine Oxygen Magazine: 5 Reasons to Add it to Your Fitness Arsenal   or grab a copy off the newsstand and page through it. Because I can’t sit here and blab about it all day — I’ve got some couch-azzing to do. Go on and read the mag for yourself.

Comments

1. Sheila says:

You mean the chin hairs get worse? *sad face* I’ll have to remember this next time my “magazines” cycle. What about recipes? I’m a big fan of healthy recipes in my magazines. Are there any of those?
    Sheila recently posted..Shards of Glass, Pastrami & Rainbows

2. Nellie says:

This is great because I love shape, fitness and women’s health. I have never seen oxygen before, I think its worth a subscription if Ms. Josie says so! :)
    Nellie recently posted..How You Doin’ Wendy Williams?

I took me a while to catch onto Oxygen. I can appreciate what Shape, Fitness and other mags offer, but Oxygen is VERY niche-oriented for people who are super serious about their fitness.

3. MissHaneefa says:

I really love Oxygen magazine, when i had a little more money I used to subscribe all the time. Maybe I will get back on the Oxygen bandwagon!

4. Emma says:

I love your blog and trust your opinion so I just signed up for a subscription

Thank you for those kind words, Emma! Enjoy the mag. You’re gonna love it! But in the far-far-far-fetched chance you don’t, I will allow you to pummel me with many virtual face-slaps. Deal?

• Emma says:

LOL ! No face slaps you are rock solid with the fitness thing, so I expect it to be every bit as wonderful as you said

5. Portia says:

I started subscribing to Oxygen about six months ago and love this mag! Hands down it is THE best women’s fitness magazine on the market. The rest (which I won’t name) are crap. I just got my November issue and am so excited to read it! Great recommendation, Josie.
    Portia recently posted..Oh Baby! Effie’s Paper Review and #Giveaway

Right now, subscribing isn’t an option (not in the budget), so i’ll check to see if it’s at my local library.

7. Kerri O says:

LOVE Oxygen. I used to be a subscriber, but have been just picking up an issue here and there lately. hmmmm
    Kerri O recently posted..Blogging My Way Through Jennifer Nicole Lee’s JNL Fusion

It is a wicked fitness magazine. I try and pick it up when I can, and cheap out and go to the library when I can’t find it to buy. I do get miffed at all the “lose fat now” and supplement ads they have in it, but the actual article content is great.
    Geosomin recently posted..Now for the rest of my life

9. How did you get your photos to flip back and forth. Totally unnerving, yet cool. I wanna be cool too so TELL ALL! Now to couchasize.
    KymberlyFunFit recently posted..Hamstring Stretches: 3 Wrong & 3 Right Ways

that flippy-photo is called a GIF. I animated still shots using Photoshop. My first time doing a GIF. More unnerving may lie ahead. (you’ve been warned)
      Enjoy the couchasizing, you couchaholic-ing princess.

10. Oh I love that magazine!!
    Trish @I_am_Succeeding recently posted..Review: CLICK

11. Victoria says:

Love Oxygen and Muscle and Fitness Hers. Been subscribing for years now and those are the only two mags that I keep and fill with post it notes!

12. Cassandre says:

I have to say If all the health/fitness magazines out there, Oxygen is one that I haven’t read. I will definitely check it out.

13. I have been reading it since the early 90’s!!!!!! :-) 1990’s that is! I entered their very first get fit contest but I just did not have enough to lose then.. :-)
    Jody – Fit at 54 recently posted..Gratitude Monday & Happy 29th Wedding Anniversary!

14. If I had my way, I’d totally be on the cover of Oxygen with you! HA HA!! We should write them a letter!

It was sad, when I learned of Robert Kennedy’s death, I actually felt like a friend of mine passed away :(
    Gigi Eats Celebrities recently posted..Well That’s Fishy

15. Emergefit says:

Magazines have to functions above all others; to sell more magazines, and to sell more products in those magazines. Sometimes the stories can inform and motivate, as can the pictures. But magazines have a profit based agenda. Noting wrong with that, so do I, but reader always take caution…
    Emergefit recently posted..Some Mixed Thoughts On Larger Purpose, Food Technology, Prejudice, And Change…

16. Patty says:

I am picking up a copy tomorrow! I love a good magazine! thanks for the tip :)
    Patty recently posted..My First Breakfast Casserole