Greedy Recipe! Warm ‘n Tasty Bella Burrito

bellaburrito Greedy Recipe! Warm n Tasty Bella Burrito

Sharpen the claws of your teeth and prepare your for chewing jaws for action. I fed this Warm Bella Burrito with its fiesta of fresh ingredients to my stomachs, and now I just gotta share it with you, too.

INGREDIENTS (serves 6 people, measurements are approximate)

• warm Mission Tortillas
  • 2 packages baby Portobello mushrooms (sliced & sauteed)
  • 1.5 cups cooked brown rice
  • 1 mashed avocado
  • 1.5 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
  • 1.5 cups black beans (warmed)
  • 1.5 cups homemade salsa fresca (scroll down for the recipe)
  • little bit of salsa verde (optional)

DIRECTIONS: Prepare all individual ingredients and then build your burrito. Just wrap this baby up and begin to fro down. This is one of those recipes that you really can’t mess up. (Not unless you pack too much food on the tortilla, and then the whole damn thing breaks apart.)

burrito1 Greedy Recipe! Warm n Tasty Bella Burrito

Optionally, you can add cooked, diced chicken to your burrito as well. That’s what I had to do for the family because they wouldn’t stop whining unless I added meat to theirs.

pico Greedy Recipe! Warm n Tasty Bella BurritoHomemade Salsa Fresca (Pico de Gallo): Ingredients

• 2 tomatoes
  • 1 small onion
  • 2 scallions
  • little bit of chopped Cilantro
  • 1/2 Jalapeno Pepper

Salsa Directions: Just slice, dice and mix it all up. Then add to your burrito. Greedy Kid #1 made the salsa fresca all by herself (give her some hand claps, everybody!). She did a dang good job.

There were enough prepped burrito ingredients leftover for me to pack tomorrow’s lunch. Make sure you’re thinking ahead and pre-planning your meals for optimal fat melting results! Have a great day, everybody. XO

SEE MORE GREEDY RECIPES

Comments

1. Mark says:

They look delicious! But I’d whine too without some chicken or something!
    m.
    Mark recently posted..See you in September

2. Barbara says:

Looks fabulous! Go GK #1….that’s some Food Network worthy salsa chopping!
    Barbara recently posted..Perfect Weather

Clapping for GK#1, and thanking the mama for the idea for a great dinner later this week.

4. sheila says:

This sounds amazing (sans the mushrooms since I’m allergic). I might have to add this to the recipe repertoire!
    sheila recently posted..The Longish Run That Wasn’t

Those look really good…
    Geosomin recently posted..slow and steady

6. That looks amazing, but I must admit… I must put meat in mine, too. Still, I am making these soon. I wonder how they freeze…?

burrito-freezing is a marvelous idea. Gonna try it on my next go-round. A burrito stash in the freezer would be epic.

7. That is on big burrito! ;-) Looks delish!!!! I most likely would be tooting from here till tomorrow! ;-) I know – TMI!
    Jody – Fit at 54 recently posted..Gratitude Monday & the Dentist; HAPPY BDAY!!!

8. merri says:

yumm silly family of yours, Portobello mushrooms are JUST LIKE MEAT they even taste like meat. No need for extra meat when you’ve got those! My fav burrito is from a healthy, organic, local place down the street (cuz most of SF places serve healthy stuff like that) they make a good pork one but the best one of all is the black bean and plantain burrito. I get it with a spinach tortilla. They’ve won awards for it. Yum.
    merri recently posted..Chalking My Hair

Ooh, you give chipotle a run for their money — or a way for me to keep my money and make your recipe?
    Coco recently posted..Thirsty Thursday: Raging Bitch At The Ball Game