Get ‘Da Funk Out! How to Rid the Ongoing Smell of a Stank Sports Bra

boobscarf Get Da Funk Out! How to Rid the Ongoing Smell of a Stank Sports Bra These women prefer topless due to Stank Sports Bra Syndrome.

Alas! You no longer have to waste cash on special detergents or inflict voodoo exorcisms upon your sports bra to get the fitness funk out. The issue originates with a brand spankin’ new sports bra. But over time? My bras were getting stankier and stankier, no matter how many times I washed them. You, too?

While wearing a supposedly fresh ‘n clean sports bra, by 10-minutes into my workout, the stanky ghost of 15 workouts past would release itself from the fibers of my bra, causing many odorous offenses that made my nostrils quiver.

So I played it off. I declared that stank a reward for all my hard efforts, but this problem was also very costly. I found myself donating perfectly good sports bra to the trash man (he might still have them), because I couldn’t get da funk out. I was re-buying my favorite sports bras to achieve a stank-free workout environment.

THE ZERO-COST SOLUTION

I’ve been testing this method for several months now. Didn’t want to report my findings any sooner to be sure this zero-cost solution is truly effective long term.

Here’s what you do:

After your workout, strip that bra from your bawwdy and rinse it with plain water right away. Rinse it in the sink or carry it into your post-workout shower and rinse it in there. Then wring it out, hang it on a hanger and let air dry. By the time the bra is dry, if rinsed thoroughly, you shouldn’t smell even a hint that the bra was worked-out-in.

An immediate rinse prevents the sweat from setting into the bra’s fibers. This is critical to extending the life of your bra and saving you money on unnecessary specialty products to get da funk out. If you’re too lazy to rinse as described, at least keep your sports bras out of the dryer, because that bakes the funk in.

But beware! This method is only effective on newer bras that aren’t already ruined with permanent stank. If the bra is funk-infused with the smell of 1,000 beastly armpits, that stank ain’t coming out. Go buy some new sports bras and use the rinsing method from here on out.

No sweat. No stank. No extra cost. There ya have it.

Comments

1. Sable@SquatLikeALady says:

Ahhhh this is awesome!! I am trying it out tonight :D

Hey Squatty. this helps de-stank older bras to a lesser degree, but works 100% well in newer bras that aren’t already funk-infused. Happy rinsing!

2. Emergefit says:

I will begin this immediately!

3. Lisa says:

So trying this! I’m constantly buying sports bras , so annoying! -.-

4. Erin says:

I rinse mine in the shower, too. I also wash my workout gear with Tide Free & Clear, but I add vinegar for extra stank-fighting power!!

5. I saw the pic first & was like WTF??? ;-) LOVE this idea Josie!!!! My bras are too old to try so will have to wait for a new one!

6. merri says:

I was just discussing with my roommate this morning on how to get the stink out of his workout clothes, they are horrible even after he washes them. Sounds like he may have to start afresh with new clothes. (He doesn’t wear bras but same applies lol).

There is nothing worse than baked-in stank!

8. Penny says:

I’m going to start doing this.  Thanks!!!  I may have to do this with my workout tanks, too, because they get this way, also.  I also want to try adding vinegar to the washer… all of the above is needed quickly.

• @somerskys says:

@Penny, penny i am sorry for butting in but i thought ur comment was so interesting! i use vinegar to clean refrig floors walls n stuff! but i didnt know u could also use it on workout cloths!!!! will they smell like vinegar if i do this? please let me know? seems like a logical wonderful idea tho.

9. kohy says:

yeah I figured this out a while ago that the synthetic materials commonly found in athletic apparel hold funk like bootsie collins. if you catch it before the bacteria settles a baking soda and vinegar soak will do the trick….

if you let that shit emulsify you must throw it away. there is not turning back. do not pass go. do not collect $200.

kH

10. Jennifer says:

I love your posts! I have always hated the sports bra smell! Eww! Time to get some new and do what you do!