Schitzo Food Thoughts Inside My Brain At 10:36 PM

(Me. At 10:36 PM…)

I’m hungry. I should eat.

Nah, I’m not really hungry, but I should eat anyway.

I wanna eat because I’m bored. Tasty snacks will cure my boredom.

Froot Loops. Pasta salad. Or popcorn. Either or.

I’m seriously not even hungry.

I should just drink some water and go to bed.

…right after I eat some popcorn.

OMG! Chocolate cake is seriously out of the question right now. I think??

Ummm, I’m just a little bits hungry.

(Me. At 10:46 PM…)

It took me 10 minutes to think it through and talk myself out of chocolate cake, sugary Froot Loops and carb-infested pasta salad. Whew! I ended the night with a handful of popcorn and a glass of water. Not bad. Not bad at all. Especially since I really wanted that chocolate cake.

If you crave unauthorized, greedy last night snacks, keep your booty planted on the couch/bed/floor and think it through before you take action towards the kitchen. It just might save you a few hundred calories.

Comments

1. JourneyBeyondSurvival says:

Or a few thousand. Depending upon how big-I mean late-you are.

2. There have been times I just got up and went to bed earlier than planned to NOT eat! Sigh:(

3. Emergefit says:

When this happens with me I go to my food of choice, pickles. They fill me up and are practically free calorie-wise. Soidum shmopdium…

4. Nikki O says:

The only way I’m able to curb that late night craving is to think about it for so long that I fall asleep before I have a chance to make something :b

5. My cure for midnight munchies is sugar free gums. I have all types of flavors stashed specifically for that. Oh yeah and Trident Layers are AMAZING!

• skippymom says:

@Ashley Esposito, Awesome idea Ashley.  I bought Chiclets the other day [remember those?] and it was like being 14 again. :) Yum. I will have to try the layers.

6. Melissa says:

Yes! 10 minutes to distract yourself from catastrophe. Next time this happens, I will channel my inner Josie!!!

7. @somerskys says:

hmm! so glad my hubs and i own a three story home. hard to go downstairs to get snacks! sooo i am glad i am lazy , i just say oh forget, its to snuggly in bed and besides who wants to wake all the way up an go way downstairs to the refrig or pantry for snacks. not me or my hubs. so this way its avoidance and laziness but it keeps our stomachs! in check=’)) so its allll good

• Yum Yucky says:

I have a solution: all that stair climbing would totally work off the calories of at least 3 large slices of chocolate cake. Or no???

• @somerskys says:

@Yum Yucky,ha ha chicka would be cool if the exercise were the only thing, BUT! you know, with all ur study, and research about that madman! SUGAR, it would still hit my fat cells and brain cells, even with the xercise stair climbin would do. so no TOMATOE or no cake, so sadly no:'( hava good day girl, and BTW good post!!

8. Shira says:

Josie, I’m glad to hear that your good side won over the greedy last night. Unfortunately, that battle was lost over here on my stomping grounds. I was foolish enough to bring home a slice of chocolate fudge cake from a party for my guy on Saturday night and when I eyeballed it yesterday afternoon in the fridge, PMS took over and I ate half of it before he noticed. :)

9. I plan for an after dinner healthier snack BUT the biggest thing I do to help myself thru times when I want to emotional eat or eat something just because – meaning a food that is not really part of the plan for that day – I have always promised myself I would take 10-15 minutes to think thru why I want to eat it. 99% of the time I don’t but if I do, I own it & move on! :-)

I was defeated by a chocolate bunny yesterday. But I’m onto the little critter.
    He will not trap me again a second time :)

11. Lisa says:

SOUNDS FAMILIAR! ;)

12. Lori says:

Sounds very familiar!  I talk to myself all the time (sometimes even out loud!!)

Yes! I can’t count the number of calories I’ve saved by being too darn lazy to get up off the sofa when those evil thoughts make the rounds at night!