Pimped Out Oats

oats Pimped Out OatsSome lazy scoundrel didn’t fill up the ice tray last night, so that meant no Shakeology for me this morning. Boo. Hiss. Growl!

So how’s a hungry woman such as myself supposed to meet the breakfast needs of her stomachs on a day like this?

I pimp out my oats. That’s how.

It’s so dang simple, Greedy Baby could do it. But the beauty of this recipe is that you’re getting over 30 grams of protein (25 grams from the powder + 5 grams or more from the oats) before you even have a chance to scrape the morning crust out of your eyeballs.

Just follow my recipe for Steel Cut Oats with Tasty Flair, and then take it a step further (this is the pimped out part ) by throwing in a scoop of Organic Whey Protein Powder. The protein powder will be both invisible and tasteless. You won’t even detect that it’s in there, but it’ll be doing a fabulous job at feeding your muscles the protein infusion it needs, especially after a hardcore strength training workout. You’re gonna need to refuel and replenish those muscles with a protein boost for sexiest results.

You need no added sugar, so don’t even go there. The smashed banana will give it sweetness. You can also do raisins and a packet or two of Stevia to sweeten it up.

So now that I’ve taught you how to be a proper pimp (you’re welcome), it’s time for me to identify the lazy scoundrel who didn’t fill up the ice tray. I hope DNA evidence doesn’t point back to me.

Comments

1. Pocket says:

Slap me silly because I’ve not tried your Steel Cut Oats with Tasty Flair but will try both of the recipes.

2. Melissa says:

I must be doing something wrong when I pimp my oats because I can always taste the protein powder–ICK! I shall persevere, though!!!

Congrats on your Fitness mag nomination! I voted for you! :D

3. Mark says:

So I can be a pimp and healthy all at the same time?  Thanks!
    m.

Mmm…I make something similar for breaky some days.
     1/2c regular oatmeal and 1 1/2t chia seeds with half a mashed banana, 3/4 c almond milk and some vanilla, cinnamon and a scoop of vanilla protein powder. Sometimes I toss in some cocoa too. Just mix it up and let it sit overnight in the fridge. Yum…I don’t even have to cook :).

5. Molly Nitka says:

Its like Pimp My Ride but wayyyyyyy betterrrrr!

6. I never eat oatmeal without protein powder in it! ;-) Just me trying to get my more protein! :-) Some flavors actually can taste good in it though – vanilla or even if you have a good quality cinnamon flavor protein powder.. whatever floats your boat! :-)

I’m still stuck on oatmeal with peanut butter or sunflower seed butter ….

8. I love pimped out oats!! My favorite is made with vanilla almond milk, a scoop of chocolate whey protein, banana slices and a scoop of crunchy peanut butter. HOLY YUM!!

9. Portia says:

Oatmeal and egg whites are my go to breakfast. I’ve never added protein powder to my oats so I’m definitely going to try this. BTW, the egg/spinach/cheese scramble you blogged about a couple of weeks ago is INSANE. I love it! Keep the breakfast ideas coming!